Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!

Thread: Mazda Protege/Protege5 Audio Wire Diagram

2005 Mazda 3

Mazda Protege/Protege5 Audio Wire Diagram

I know a lot of you guys are looking for this. I was too, till i came across it and decided to share with you.

Dont Forget To Say Thanks...
    Last edited by goyatech; 05-19-2011 at 10:02 AM.
    I found a great way to attract money... work!

......................... i12drivemyMP5's Avatar
    Donated: $5

323F

Thanks, now isn't this in the service manual that's stickied at the top of the P5 section?

2001 mazda protege mp3

wouldn't need this if people just bought the wire kit when they install stereos....

CR3 Parts Rep
    PVB, Protegé, Canada & Marketplace Moderator

03 Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by tweety2300 View Post
    wouldn't need this if people just bought the wire kit when they install stereos....
    +1 wire harness is so much easier to use. even with only 4 wires connected in my stereo..

2005 Mazda 3

If you read the post its for people that changed the rear door speakers and couldnt figure out the colors... as it shows in different colors.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2001 mazda protege mp3

I did read the post it says nothing about rear door speakers. Also I'm pretty sure there's only 2 wires going to a rear door speaker on both sides. Not quite sure what your argument here is but if you can't simply swap out rear door speakers you don't need to be messing with it. Its a universal concept hot wire will be a solid color while ground is either black or has a black stripe going through it.

2003 Protege5 5-speed / 2005 RX-8 Skinka

Thank you.

2003 Protege5 - 5speed
    {NGK Plugs & Wires / 20% Tint / Injen CAI / Azuelke 8mm spacers / MP3 ECU / TWM Short shift / AWR 21.5mm Rear Sway / KYB Struts / Eibach Pro-Kit springs / SR Motorsports Exhaust & CAMS/ PIAA Fogs / DDM 55w HID's / SoundDeadenerShowdown / StopTech rotors & pads / EZLip / XS Power D5100R & XP 750 / Pioneer PRS880 / Fountek 89's / Ascendant Carbon's / ZED Audio Ra & Minotaur & Draconia / Audio Control Matrix / SSA Icon 18D2}

2005 RX-8 Shinka Edition
    {20% Tint / HKS AF / TurboXS Exhaust & Cat pipe / GarageLine spacers / Enkei 17x9 / Toyo R1R 275 / Eibach ProKit springs / Tokico SpecD adjustable shocks / EZ-Lip}

SSAudio.com
    CarAudio-Forum.com
    CarAudioResources.com
    HomeAudioForum.net

Aaron Clinton
    SSAudio Inc.

2003 Mazda Protege5

can u run the sub that comes in the trunk on top of the spare tire if u get an aftermarket headunit without any extra wiring besides the vehicle specific harness?
    2003.5 Mazda Protege5

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...44#post5910444
    ^
    Tired of rising gas prices?

2005 Mazda 3

there is more than 2 wires remember you have the power windows power locks etc... and if you look at the diagram the hot wire has the stripe.

I did read the post it says nothing about rear door speakers. Also I'm pretty sure there's only 2 wires going to a rear door speaker on both sides. Not quite sure what your argument here is but if you can't simply swap out rear door speakers you don't need to be messing with it. Its a universal concept hot wire will be a solid color while ground is either black or has a black stripe going through it.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2005 Mazda 3

there is more than 2 wires remember you have the power windows power locks etc... and if you look at the diagram the hot wire has the stripe.

2001 mazda protege mp3

I wouldn't know I have a wire kit curtesy of crutchfield. I'm not trying to insult you in any way don't get me wrong but if you change the rear door speakers why wouldn't you use the factory wires? I mean thers 8 wires all together for the speakers but it is odd that the hot wire has a stripe so I do have to say good find because that would confuse the hell out of me.

2002 Mazda Protege5

HELP!!! So ive been in the process of upgrading my speakers with Infinity Kappa's. The back doors went in without a problem. Just went to install my passenger front door speaker and now my whole stereo isnt working....I had the stock speaker taken out for about 2 days before i got around to installing the new infinity kappa and the stereo was still working fine. I followed the wire diagram to the T and after wiring up the new speaker a couple hours ago now the whole system doesnt work anymore. Even when i remove that speaker the system doesnt work....did i possibly blow a fuse somewhere or what else could have gone wrong? please help with any suggestions you might have!

"Amigo del Wraith"
    Donated: $5

Have you checked if you did blow a fuse? My guess is you caused a short and blew the radio fuse either on the radio itself or the one in your fuse box.

2002 Mazda Protege5

well after turning the car on and off (ACC position) to see if it would kick the sound on with no luck, after actually starting the car and pulling it back in to its regular parking spot i turned the car off, realized i left the back windows up, turned it back to ACC and rolled up the windows....while i was doing this the music turned on but id did not don on me that the music was playing until after i turned the car back off again...stupid me haha so after a few more attempts of switching the car back on i could not get the sound to produce again....if it was a fuse i doubt it would have done that...but i havnt checked the fuse yet, here soon im gonna pull all the panels and check for grounding out wires and check the fuse. ill report back with what i find.