Shift Knob

Does anyone know what kind of threads the shifter has or what other kind of car shares kind of shift knobs? I would like to get a nice delerin ball and I can't really find anything purpose made for the mz2.

Take yours off, take another off a known thread size/pitch and try it out. It's either going to fit or not...

There is a post in the Mazda2 Marketplace about shift knobs. That seller says his shift knobs fit all Mazdas, Nissans, and a couple others. I don't know if that means that all use the same pitch, or if you have to specify when ordering. But you might be able to find your answer there.

If you're looking for something made of Delrin to prevent the Hot/Cold temp differences, check out our new Weighted Phantom "Hybrid" Shift Knob!

http://www.twmperformance.com/images/delrin-logo.jpg[/img]

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Patrick
Team TWM Performance

Wow those are really nice. The weight of the stock knob kind of made me think twice about changing it for a straight delrin knob. Is there any chance that knob comes in a pearl/white finish?

Wow those are really nice. The weight of the stock knob kind of made me think twice about changing it for a straight delrin knob. Is there any chance that knob comes in a pearl/white finish?

At the moment, we're only looking at offering the Black Delrin finish with the bottom portion in the Stainless finish!

I wish they had some shift knobs for the automatic.

All our shift knobs can be installed in the latest automatic Mazda models! The thread size for the automatic Mazda shifter is normally M8 x 1.25, we do offer all our shift knob models with an insert of this specific size!

www.twmshiftknobs.com

Thanks,

Frank
Team TWM Performance

I installed my voodoo knob from my miata today... There's a tiny bit of gap between the bottom of it and the boot but barely noticeable! :D

cf305863.jpg

Hi Folks,

Perhaps someone can answer my 2 questions:

As far as I can see, the shift knob simply screws off. Is that correct?

The other question is the boot, my goal is to replace it with a leather one. Does any manufacuter make one or should I make one by hand using a small sheet of leather. I imagine the boot come off by pulling off the top part of the center console.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Andrew

yes the knob screws off

as for a shift boot....look out for redlinegoods as i have sent them a Mazda2 stock shift boot as a template so they can make custom ones for Mazda2 owners

Hi Folks,

Perhaps someone can answer my 2 questions:

As far as I can see, the shift knob simply screws off. Is that correct?

The other question is the boot, my goal is to replace it with a leather one. Does any manufacuter make one or should I make one by hand using a small sheet of leather. I imagine the boot come off by pulling off the top part of the center console.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Andrew

yez.. is easy and my boot is custom

photogsk3zd5vc34ceo.jpg

Matrixxx, can you please help me? I have the same shift knob as you (gunmetal though) and am not 100% sure how to install it. How did you install yours? Thank You.

Back