2007~2015 Access Center Console and Rear Vents of CX-9

Hello,

My son kicked in the vent on my rear console. Can you send me instructions to take it apart. Also how do I reorder a replacement? Can I just order the fan grill?

Keith,
Send me a PM with an e-mail address.
I will send you one or two pages of instructions on how to disassemble the rear part of center console.

Ceric, I have the same issue please send instructions to damkgh@yahoo.co.uk
In my case, she kicked the vents (rear console) in then set of keys.

Regards
Mark

Guys I just did this today and it couldn't be easier. You don't need any manual or anything, it's a piece of cake,
You need:
1. A headlamp or flashlight
2. A philips screwdriver
3. The center console rear panel assembly with new vents. It does not include the HVAC controls or anything though. Can be bought from Mazda dealer easily.

Step by step instructions:
1. Put on the headlamp and hop in the driver seat
2. Open the armrest doors and locate the top edge of rear panel assembly.
3. Grasp it firmly and pull back toward the rear seats. You will note by looking at the replacement panel that it simply snaps on the back of the console.
4. It should pop off no problem. Look down inside and disconnect the wiring harness at the connector ( white ) there's a small clip at the top squeeze down with your nail or a screwdriver and remove it.
5. Swap the HVAC panel and duct from the old panel on to the new one by removing the Philips screws that hold everything on. They are all the same size and thread. Don't over tighten them.
6. Installation is simple - connect the wiring harness and snap the panel back on the console.

I did take a minute leave the panel off the back of the console and run the HVAC system so I could inspect inside for any debris, or the missing vent. There's a door that drops down to control airflow out of the rear. Turn up the fan all the way and it will drop down fully. I didn't find anything inside mine except a gardetto chip. I did not eat it.

The whole repair took me 15 minutes - piece of cake.
Hope this helps somebody else. If you have a brain and can use a screwdriver this is EASY.

hoping to gain insight to this same issue..the rear vent has fallen into the console, clueless on how to retrieve it.
any help is appreciated!!

I have a slight problem with my Cx-9. My kids kicked the vent covers into the rear ventilation system that runs through/under the middle console (I love kids!)? They are so far in there that I can't see or touch them. Does any one know how I can remove the center console and access the rear ventilation system to get them out?
Hello,

My son kicked in the vent on my rear console. Can you send me instructions to take it apart. Also how do I reorder a replacement? Can I just order the fan grill?
I have the same problem. Can someone please assist, thanks.

Attachments

• FE4B3E19-EE5C-4500-B222-B906D8453058.jpeg
    FE4B3E19-EE5C-4500-B222-B906D8453058.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 78
I have a slight problem with my Cx-9. My kids kicked the vent covers into the rear ventilation system that runs through/under the middle Nox Vidmate VLC console (I love kids!)? They are so far in there that I can't see or touch them. Does any one know how I can remove the center console and access the rear ventilation system to get them out?
There are about 20+ pages on it. Can't send you all of them.

Last edited:
Back