Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Code P0455

  1. #1
    Registered Member

    Mazda 5 2009

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    anaheim, CA
    Posts
    3

    Code P0455

    Hello,
    I got the error code P0455. I check the gas cap but the engine light still on. The car still under warranty for emmision and powerdrive not bumber to bumper. The milage is 43,450 I bought it at 41,000k. The panel for the plug was missing so the dealer must have run the diag. Mazda wants to charge me $100 for Diag check. I am under warranty? And can I safely reset the engine light with my OBD II tool? Thank you.

  2. #2
    Registered Member M2P503's Avatar

    2003 Mazda Protege5

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by letcondor View Post
    Hello,
    I got the error code P0455. I check the gas cap but the engine light still on. The car still under warranty for emmision and powerdrive not bumber to bumper. The milage is 43,450 I bought it at 41,000k. The panel for the plug was missing so the dealer must have run the diag. Mazda wants to charge me $100 for Diag check. I am under warranty? And can I safely reset the engine light with my OBD II tool? Thank you.
    I would say replace your Camshaft Sensor and also check your Crankshaft Circuit for your Crank Shaft

  3. #3
    Registered Member

    2006 Mazda 6 - auto

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by M2P503 View Post
    I would say replace your Camshaft Sensor and also check your Crankshaft Circuit for your Crank Shaft
    My guess is that you should be still under warranty - best thing to do is ask Mazda. The dealer should refund your diag cost if it turns out to be covered under warranty.

    My understanding is that you should be able to reset the light and it will come back if you still have a problem. Otherwise, it will take some time to clear on it's own.

    I'd tighten the gas cap back and reset the light and see if the problem comes back.

  4. #4
    I hate spam. Rockin03mp5's Avatar
    PVB, Mazda2, Mazda5, Protege5 & Spam Removal Moderator

    '13 Mazda3 / '13 Edge / Your Mom

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Icebox of the US, MN
    Posts
    4,359
    Quote Originally Posted by M2P503 View Post
    I would say replace your Camshaft Sensor and also check your Crankshaft Circuit for your Crank Shaft
    Not sure what the camshaft sensor has to do with it... since p0455 is EVAP emissions control system leak detected (no purge flow or large leak).

    This is usually a gas cap issue... at least that is the simplest fix to try first.

    Also, the original poster has not been on here since his question was answered in a different thread... so they probably figured it out.
    13 MZ3 // 13 Edge
    If you see spam.... REPORT IT! Fight the spam, don't eat it... or bump the spam threads.
    Audio stuff for sale!

  5. #5
    Registered Member M2P503's Avatar

    2003 Mazda Protege5

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by kw_da View Post
    My guess is that you should be still under warranty - best thing to do is ask Mazda. The dealer should refund your diag cost if it turns out to be covered under warranty.

    My understanding is that you should be able to reset the light and it will come back if you still have a problem. Otherwise, it will take some time to clear on it's own.

    I'd tighten the gas cap back and reset the light and see if the problem comes back.
    This isnt my car that has the problem KW DA it's Letconor i think you were referring too

  6. #6
    Registered Member M2P503's Avatar

    2003 Mazda Protege5

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockin03mp5 View Post
    Not sure what the camshaft sensor has to do with it... since p0455 is EVAP emissions control system leak detected (no purge flow or large leak).

    This is usually a gas cap issue... at least that is the simplest fix to try first.

    Also, the original poster has not been on here since his question was answered in a different thread... so they probably figured it out.
    It could also be a leak in your Fuel line or loose Fuel line some where. Here click this link and see for yourself http://www.obd-codes.com/p0455

  7. #7
    Lover of 5's Robotaz's Avatar

    2009 Mazda5 GT

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mexington, KY
    Posts
    1,274
    Do not go in like a bull in a China shop and start replacing unrelated parts. Use common sense. Start by clearing the code. Come back and let us know if it comes back on and we'll walk you through a logical problem solving approach that doesn't involve blowing money with no clue what you're doing.

  8. #8
    Registered Member M2P503's Avatar

    2003 Mazda Protege5

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
    Do not go in like a bull in a China shop and start replacing unrelated parts. Use common sense. Start by clearing the code. Come back and let us know if it comes back on and we'll walk you through a logical problem solving approach that doesn't involve blowing money with no clue what you're doing.

  9. #9
    Registered Member

    Mazda 5 GT

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Regina, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    863
    I agree with resetting the code first and observe.

    The system checks for leaks during startup. An airpump pushes air into the tank. The computer
    measures the 'current' flowing into the pump motor. How fast the current rises, how slow, how high.. etc.
    the program will check with 'normal values' stored in its memory. and gives you the codes. like if there is a leak,
    the current load on the pump motor will not rise fast enough. computer then wills say 'there must be a leak because
    by now the motor should be working hard already.

    I'm regularly getting this code too. Usually after a fuel fill up. Most often if its my son who does the filling up.
    So I think in my case it is the gas cap that's losing its seal. I just reset the code (I have maxitrip (poor man's scangauge))
    and smear thin layer of silicon grease around the gas cap.

    Eventually though, I expect this pump unit to fail in the near future.

    Mine is a 2006GT with 82,000km.

  10. #10
    Registered Member

    2007 Mazda5 5MT

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    47
    1.) Dealer should never charge for something under warranty at all. It is not a fault with you, it is with the vehicle. They are scamming you.

    2.) Clear the code. It is the gas cap. If it comes back, it is a faulty cap and should be replaced under warranty with no cost to you.

  11. #11
    Registered Member

    2008 Mazda5 Touring

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,247
    You guys do realize the OP is from April 2011 right?

    And he's been gone since then...
    Aaron

  12. #12
    Registered Member

    2007 Mazda5 5MT

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    47
    yeesh, I got duped...

  13. #13
    I hate spam. Rockin03mp5's Avatar
    PVB, Mazda2, Mazda5, Protege5 & Spam Removal Moderator

    '13 Mazda3 / '13 Edge / Your Mom

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Icebox of the US, MN
    Posts
    4,359
    Quote Originally Posted by flcruising View Post
    You guys do realize the OP is from April 2011 right?

    And he's been gone since then...
    Yeah, I believe I said that earlier when I moved the thread from one of the main sponsors (where it shouldn't be) to here. I put it here mainly for reference.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  14. #14
    Registered Member

    2006 MAZDA 5, 2009 MAZDA 3

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    DALLAS
    Posts
    1
    I have a similar issue with my 5...how do i "clear the code"?

  15. #15
    Lover of 5's Robotaz's Avatar

    2009 Mazda5 GT

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mexington, KY
    Posts
    1,274
    That's funny.

Similar Threads

  1. P0455, changed gas cap but still get code
    By rtfm17 in forum Classic Mazda Lounge & Welcome Area
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 10:32 AM
  2. P0455 - Not the gas cap
    By slavrenz in forum Protege5 Lounge & Welcome Area
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 11:32 AM
  3. P0171 and P0455 on '05 Mazda 6I
    By LaPs in forum Mazda6 Engine, Transmission & Drivetrain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 02:55 PM
  4. MS6 ODBII Code P0455
    By Huascar82 in forum MS6 ECU, Turbo & Tuning
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 11:50 AM
  5. Engine Code P0455
    By 23ways in forum Classic Mazda Lounge & Welcome Area
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2003, 08:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •