2001 Mazda Millenia 2.5 liter engine (Car would not start, electronic components work

rickyp882000

:
2001 Mazda, Millenia 2.5 Engineer
Hopefully someone can help.

When I put the key in the ignition and tried to start the car, nothing happened. All the electric components worked, but the car would not start. This has happened several times over the last week. Not sure if it's the starter, alternator or something else. If someone has had the same problem and resolved it, I would be grateful for your assistance.

Thanks!

welcome to the forum.

If nothing happens no clicking or if it doesnt turn over... check your battery charge and the ground cable. It might be corroded. If its is disconnect it and use sand paper to clean it off and try it again.

I have a 2000 2.3L Miller engine with a similar issue. The starter will not engage. I pulled the starter and did a bench test and everything worked fine. there was corrision on the starter terminal which I removed. Reinstalled the unit and the car started fine, but when I tried to restart later it did the same thing. After several turns of the ignition key it started but after shutting off it will not turn over. I'm assuming it is some relay issue between the ignition and the starter and hoping that someone has a idea where I should look. When I turn the key all the normal warning lights are displayed. It is not a battery issue.
welcome to the forum.

If nothing happens no clicking or if it doesnt turn over... check your battery charge and the ground cable. It might be corroded. If its is disconnect it and use sand paper to clean it off and try it again.

hello,

maybe it is the Engine Injection Relay or its maybe the Engine fuse... did you checked it?

Back