Weird Bose issue

gerstyd

:
2007 Mazda CX7
I have a rather odd issue with my Bose system. I am usually pretty good with car audio, installing a bunch of things myself, and always mindful of not blowing anything ever.

A while back, I had my battery replaced on my 2007 CX-7. I was there the whole time when he did it, and I got the normal BS you get when you do that on CX-7 (random lights, windows not working etc) and fixed them all. But, I noticed my passengers side sub sounded blown. which pissed me off. So, I am all mad, and then think that it may be something rattling and move some stuff out of the compartments and stuff, and turn the car on, and BAM no more blown speaker. So, its fine for like a month. Now, it sounds blown again, and its driving me mad (nothing in side panel compartments). Anyone have thought on the cause of this? I dont want to rip the door apart if not needed. Maybe something needs a reboot? does the amp have a volume control. It does often sound louder out of that speaker. Anyway, Any suggestions would be fantastic.

Thanks for the advice. I will call boss on Monday. I actual,y have a theory. It sounds weird but I think it's cold weather. It's the only thing that I can tell does it. Yesterday it warmed up and the blown sound went away and system back to normal. So freaking strange.

This exact this has been happening to me for a few years. It happens more when it rains and is cold. Usually goes away in the summer unless it's very humid. Everytime I take it into the dealership for work it's never occuring so I've yet to get a fix from the dealer.

You ever find out what this could be?

I have an issue in my CX-9 with the bose speaker in the driver side door. Because there is no vapor barrier in the door, when the window is rolled down, moisture and rain can be introduced into the door. This is not always a problem, but since the bose speakers are constructed out of paper, it warps the cone and causes rattling or low output. I am in the process of trying to replace the two door speakers up front with something else, but not having luck.

I'm interested to hear what Bose says about this since I'm having the exact same issue. Started with the driver's side sub and now it is both front subs. I will probably end up tearing apart the door for a physical inspection, but it would be great if Bose has an explanation.

I'm interested to hear what Bose says about this since I'm having the exact same issue. Started with the driver's side sub and now it is both front subs. I will probably end up tearing apart the door for a physical inspection, but it would be great if Bose has an explanation.

Well sorry its taken so long to return. I have not had a answer from Bose. But it is in fact cold weather. the glue is crap on these speakers and when it gets cold out, the cone separates from the back of the speaker and just flops around. I am in the process now of removing the bose system for something else.

Back