How many miles do you have on your CX-9

2010 Grand Touring AWD...165,000 miles!! Work in medical sales and cover a big territory! Replaced front bearings @ 120,000...other than that; no problems at all!!! Weekly avg 23-25 mpg!

It's good to hear that several of you have cx9's with high mileage. I have a 2012 approaching 60k and am wondering what major expenses I can expect over the next 100k or so miles?

So far I've had transmission fluid replaced at 30k and the 60k service with spark plugs replaced / among other things will cost approx $800 from the mazda dealer.

Can you let me know what you've had replaced about 60k miles and cost ? Thanks alot.

So far the car has been solid and have been getting approx 25mpg with mostly highway driving.

So far I've had transmission fluid replaced at 30k and the 60k service with spark plugs replaced / among other things will cost approx $800 from the mazda dealer.

If you have AWD, then get that transfer case fluid swapped out ASAP at that mileage. Save yourself from ALOT of future headaches.

At 30k I had Transmission Fluid Exchange Service (they added cleaner to old fluid and let it circulate thru the transmission system, pumped it out and then pumped in clean fluid). Is that the same as the transfer case ?

The dealer recommended it at 30k. I called other dealers and they said it wasn't necessary until 60k and above. I have AWD.

Transmission is a different part of the drivetrain. It wouldnt have been done in your transmission service. Id get that done ASAP like i said. There are quite a few threads on the forum showing how to do it yourself. could save you a hundred bux or so.

2012 Touring w/ almost 75,000 on it. Just did the tires around 65k.
We are planning a long trip out to Yellowstone (2500+ round trip). Afterwards I plan to do the transmission, rear differential, and transfer case for the first time (Thanks to the wonderful posts here!).
Oil changed every 15k or so, using AMSOIL Signature Synthetic with the 25k filter. Filters done regularly.

No issues at all so far!

[
Owned since new, 2007 CX9 with 42,500 miles. Always dealership serviced @ recommended miles; no major issues - knock on wood.

Update - 53k on it now, damn, only 10500 [est.] miles since the 11-14-2013 post. Daily driver to work (15 miles round trip) and a few trips to California. Its in great shape and been trouble free (still all required maintenance done at the Mazda dealer), probably hang on to it for a few more years, unless the CX9 2016/17 model really turns me on.

Last edited:
Transmission is a different part of the drivetrain. It wouldnt have been done in your transmission service. Id get that done ASAP like i said. There are quite a few threads on the forum showing how to do it yourself. could save you a hundred bux or so.

Thanks for your thoughts. Since I am not that well versed on doing the service myself I will bring it up with the dealer at my next visit.

95k on ours. We baught it used wth 66k the only things we have had to do is replace the drivers side brake caliper that seized that was under warranty and also a drivers side window motor, other than that it's a solid vehicle.

Just picked up my cx9 a couple of weeks ago, 2008 GT AWD, 114,000 not really sure what has been done to it or when, so I plan on doing the tranny fluid, rear diff, and transfer case fluid change ASAP. Also spark plugs.

Ours rolled over one hundred thousand miles on Monday. I am going to Mazda tomorrow and getting an intake gasket, plugs and oil filter while I'm at it.

Just picked up my cx9 a couple of weeks ago, 2008 GT AWD, 114,000 not really sure what has been done to it or when, so I plan on doing the tranny fluid, rear diff, and transfer case fluid change ASAP. Also spark plugs.

Register your vin number with mymazda.com, it will tell you what has been done to it if previous owner came to dealer to do it.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

New to the forum.. Got our Dolphin Grey 2011 CX9 Touring about 6 months ago. It currently has just under 44k miles on it. :) Looking forward to a long life ahead of it.

Just passed the 50k mile mark in my 2012 CX-9 GT FWD. I bought it new the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday) 2012.

The biggest issue I've had is with the front brake rotors. The pedal was vibrating by 8k miles and unbearable by 9k. The dealer replaced them under warranty, but the vibration returned by 15k miles! The dealer's solution was to resurface the replacement rotors (which makes them thinner and even more likely to be damaged by heat build-up).

I finally threw in the towel by 20k miles and bought a set of $200 high-performance slotted brake rotors and had my mechanic install them. 30k later and couldn't be happier.

The other issues have been covered by warranty. The Power Brake Booster went bad around 42k miles (covered by 'recall') and an odd noise coming from underneath the car at low speeds requried replacement of the resonator pipe and a few other components of the exhaust system (also warranty/recall).

The only thing that I need to do soon is change the transmission fluid. Mazda claims that the fluid is "lifetime" but nothing lasts forever. I'd rather spend a few bucks and change it at 50k and every 30k thereafter to maximize transmission life.

Back