How many miles do you have on your CX-9

I bought my 2012 CX-9 GT new on 11/30/2012 with 13 miles on it. It passed the 8000 mark last week during a 700-mile round trip to Destin, FL and it has 8,430 on it right now.

Hey guys, i am new here. I am picking up my 2008 cx9 GT from the dealer tomorrow. It has 73k miles on it. I got it for 15k. I already have plans to change all the fluids and filters. Can i wait a bit for spark plugs and belts? I know the service schedule says 100k miles for plugs, but it seems a bit long even with platinum. I am a bit worried that i don't have a warranty except a 30 day return policy. I had the car inspected before i bought it from them and they agreed to fix everything but the Rack. The rack is just started to weep a bit. I think front and back discs/pads needed changing and a front bearing as well as a tie rod.

It doesn't look like Mazda uses a light stainless exhaust system as some parts were really rusted underneath which i'm sure won't last a year or two at most. Its the split pipe going to both the mufflers that is really rusted. Also they wouldn't throw in the switchbox for the aux, so obviously it might have to be done later. Do you guys think i got a decent deal?

Bought my 2008 GT about 4 months ago with 170,000 miles! Yep high, but car was like new. Tight, quiet and cheap! So I bit the bullet and I will take the risk. 3 weeks ago I had to replace the transfer case....ouch. Other than that, about to buy some yokohama avid envigors or parada spec x tires.

08 gt with 240k!!! That's right lol. Care is in awesome shape. Undercarriage and motor still look like new. I got it from my mom with 220k on it. Never ever had a problem. Only thing changed was brakes tiers and struts cause we drive on the awesome streets of New Orleans. Just wanted to let you guys know that if taking care of this car will last a long time. I love it. If I covered the odometer and let you drive it you would never guess the mileage.

Hi guys. Just bought and added a 2013 CX9 Grand Touring a couple of weeks ago in my Mazda family. Its got almost 200 miles in it.. Love Mazda so decided to add this with my existing 2007 CX7 Touring.

Last edited:
I originally posted to this thread back on 06/01/2013 and had 8,430 on my 2012 CX-9 GT. I bought it new on 11/30/2012. In barely three weeks, it will be one year old and it will have about 17,500 miles on the odometer its first birthday!

I was only expecting to drive it about 12k miles per year when I originally got it. But with lower than expected gas prices, its hard NOT to drive the CX-9 all the time! Ive put barely 3k on my 06 Mazda3 in the last 11 months, even though it gets double the MPG of the CX-9.

we have a 2008 AWD with 104,000 miles and have had no real problems. Brake rotors needed replaced at 85,000 miles. we just done our first transmission drain and fill at 103,500 miles. this ride drives like a champ!! I got this car from my Mom who drove across country for business but she never took care of it except for the oil changes every 5,000k. I wish I had bought this car myself new and maintained it from the beginning but heck it drives like new still to this very day!

I have a 2011 CX-9 Touring with 37000 miles on it and it is in the dealership now getting the transfer case replaced. It is covered under the warranty, but it is unsettling to see this happen on such a "young" car.
Other than that, I have the oil changed every 4500 miles, tires rotated and love to drive it!!!

2008 CX9 with 49,230 miles. Original brakes. No major issues. Replaced console and door silver plastic.

Updated: 50,970 miles, all original battery, brakes, except fluids, filters and tires

Last edited:
My 2012 GT has almost 35,000 miles on it. Will be going in for routine service in a few days.
Lots of Highway miles going to and from Home in San Antonio and were I work right now in Kansas plus a trip to WA state and back to Kansas for a nine month Job I took right after buying the car.
I love the way this car drives and handles.
No regrets and would buy another in a instant if I had too.
John

Owned since new, 2007 CX9 with 42,500 miles. Always dealership serviced @ recommended miles; no major issues - knock on wood.

Last edited:
Own this since it was new. 2008 GT AWD. 67K miles.
Few issues:
- Styrofoam went loose inside rear doors (both, probably made on Monday...)
- A/C relays replaced (under wrty)
- sliver garnish pieces replaced (under wrty)
- brake squeaking problem serviced (under wrty - not really fixed totally)
- power seat recall
- AT temp sensor reprogrammed (could loose power climbing hill - only applicable to earlier models)

Owned since new, 2007 CX9 with 42,500 miles. Always dealership serviced @ recommended miles; no major issues - knock on wood.

wow - you don't drive it much! I am just past that mileage mark on our 2011 GT AWD, also purchased new about 2.5 years ago.

Bought new March 5, 2013. We have 21,200 miles on it now. Blew through the 12month/12,000 miles in the blink of an eye...

Well I think the CX-9 has 8400 miles and is on it way to the dealer right now, on a tow truck.!. It is a 2012 model and won't start, parked it Friday, tried to go to church today and nothing. Oh well, I guess they can change the oil after they fix it.

Bought our '07 GT as a 6-month old 'program car". Now has 113K+ miles. Had A LOT of grief with the original Navigation system; it would lock up while driving, and the only way to get it to start working again was to stop, turn off the engine, and re-start…not very practical on the interstate when you're counting on it to tell you which exit to use. New tires fairly quickly, as it came with "performance" tires on 20" rims, which meant it had soft rubber. New keys needed after 4 years. Electric seat recall in '09. Front brake rotors were "turned" in Dec '10. Rear-left wheel hub/bearing wore out in Dec '11. Needed new front brake rotors in May, '12. New wheel and tire replaced in Jan '14 thanks to pothole. New Keyless Entry Set & interior antenna Mar '14. Currently working on fixing right-side heater blend actuator. It's been a comfortable family car, but it's strting to cost me more, and more $$$. With the kids grown, it may be time to trade in the ol' 3-row, SUV, huh?

Right now i am at 70710 miles. The problems i had with it since new. Stress crack in drivers side mirror. Ignition coil replaced in cylinder 6 and recently the water pump which was a costly repair. What saved me with the water pump was the extended warranty. Hopefully i won't have any more problems.

Ours is a 2010 Sport. Not much to break!! 43000+ miles only been in a shop for the gas cap lamp - which has been a challenge for about 3 years. Car runs like a bat out of that hot place, and gets good mileage [based on reports here]. So, I just reset the lamp and go on. Bought it new in March of '10, have always changed my own oil, except the first change. Our vehicles seem to run better, and longer, when we only put them in the shop when they really need something. If something happened to the CX tomorrow, based on my experience, I would replace it with another CX. I would, however, select another dealer - since mine claimed not to have the diagnostic tools necessary to test the system for the fuel cap lamp anomaly. I live in the 7th largest city in the United States - how does a dealer here not have an adapter and a bottle of of the correct gas to do his job? Not complaining - but the OP, remember him - asked what to expect. I hope my dealer experience is atypical. IMHO, the vehicle is great, but service could be more on point.

2007 Grand Touring, first in Jacksonville to get one! 156,760 and on our way to Orlando. We are experiencing our first problem with my car... The ac is blowing warm on the drivers side, and the rear climate vent fan is not pushing the cold air.

Back