How many miles do you have on your CX-9

CX9ZoomR,

I have a similar issue with acorn dings on my roof and I'm waiting for the weather to get nicer before I bring it in. How did the repair turn out?

CX9ZoomR,

I have a similar issue with acorn dings on my roof and I'm waiting for the weather to get nicer before I bring it in. How did the repair turn out?

It turned out great! Since mine were on the hood, they were able to get in underneath the dents and worked them out using PDR (paintless dent removal) at the dealership. I couldn't tell where the dents had been when they were done and it only set me back $75...

I have a 2007 CX-9 with all options available except four wheel drive. It currently has 88k+ miles and the only problems I've had is a bad brake power booster@about 80k miles--replaced for $150 deductible against my extended service warranty AND it currently has a faulty key (I can't start it with the remote key all the time). I've replaced the battery in the remote and checked all fuses and fusible links I amare of without a motor manual and it still operates intermittently at best. The dealer wants $100 just to check to see what's wrong AND the environmental fans (for A/C & Heating) go on without warning when the car is turned off (this turning on of fan problem has occurred since the car has had about 10k miles and the dealer has never been able to fix it or figure out it's cause) I suppose they've just been waiting for it to be out of warranty.. Also the upholstery has cracked on the panel nearest the driver when entering the vehicle on the seat--the upholstery place says it will cost $125 to be fixed/replaced. NEVERTHELESS, I still love the car!!!

I've had an ongoing problem with this and the dealer has never resolved it since I first got the car new in 2007--it now has 88k+ miles and i now have a remote key issue where it will not start the car. I've replaced the key battery and the car still acts like the key is not in the vehicle--the key icon comes on on the dash idiot light display.

I've had an ongoing problem with this and the dealer has never resolved it since I first got the car new in 2007--it now has 88k+ miles and i now have a remote key issue where it will not start the car. I've replaced the key battery and the car still acts like the key is not in the vehicle--the key icon comes on on the dash idiot light display.

Sometimes I find that if my cell phone is in the same pocket as the smartkey the car does not recognize the key. If I position it on top of the cell phone rather than behind it, or if I take one or the other out of my pocket the key is recognized.

I have a 2007 CX-9 with all options available except four wheel drive. It currently has 88k+ miles and the only problems I've had is a bad brake power booster@about 80k miles--replaced for $150 deductible against my extended service warranty AND it currently has a faulty key (I can't start it with the remote key all the time). I've replaced the battery in the remote and checked all fuses and fusible links I amare of without a motor manual and it still operates intermittently at best. The dealer wants $100 just to check to see what's wrong AND the environmental fans (for A/C & Heating) go on without warning when the car is turned off (this turning on of fan problem has occurred since the car has had about 10k miles and the dealer has never been able to fix it or figure out it's cause) I suppose they've just been waiting for it to be out of warranty.. Also the upholstery has cracked on the panel nearest the driver when entering the vehicle on the seat--the upholstery place says it will cost $125 to be fixed/replaced. NEVERTHELESS, I still love the car!!!

A/C blasting after ignition off is an easything to fix. Two relays need to be replaced. Dealers know what to do.
If not, your dealer is an idiot. Go to another one.

Let us get to the SmartKey. If you calm down and describe all the problems you encountered.
We might be able to pin point it faster than your dealer.
Before that, please take a breath first.

Cell phone is known to interfere with SmartKey. This applies to all brands, not just Mazda.
If you live near radio station or a TV station, or an airport, strange things could also happen
due to interferences. When something strange happens, do not keep trying. Give it some time,
it usually go back to normal. It is like (my guess) the chip "thinks" it is being hacked, and goes
into a safe mode to avoid attack. I am not sure about this, but I have two vehicles with SmartKey
(one Toyota, one Mazda) I have run into strange things, but they usually disappear after I came
back to the vehicles.

86K miles on my '08 Sport AWD.
1 recall installed - something to do with the Airbag.
Several assorted bulbs replaced.
Spark Plugs replaced around 60K for a hesitation ("trailer-hitching") issue that started around 45K miles.
Other than that - just normal routine maintenance; oil & filter, air filter, cabin filter, tires, battery, transmission & differential fluid changed.
I plan to replace the front brake pads and rotors, and flush the brake fluid this month for the first time....I've had a bad pulsation during braking for quite a while now.
I've used synthetic (M1) oil since the first oil change and add fuel system cleaner every 5K miles or so.
So far......so good!

I am in a similar boat as you. It's about 94K on the clock in our 08 AWD GT.

-Spark Plugs replaced but the jerking/trailer-sensation is still there when stomp on the gas pedal while the car is around 30mph.
-Shocks/struts (KYB) replaced at 85K.
-Running on 3rd set of tires -- Yoko Parada (toyo proxes ii before and stock crapstone dueler)
-Front brakes (rotors and pads) replace and a brake flush at around 60K --- highly recommended! no more vibration (warping) during braking from the OEM junk rotors.
-Been using Mobil 1 synthetic oil with Mobil 1 filters every 5K miles since the warranty was out.
-Tansmission & Differential fluid changed at 35K
-Also used BG fuel system every other oil change.

This is / has been my concern: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123786747-Transmission-oil-leak
The indy told me there's a minor leak.

86K miles on my '08 Sport AWD.
1 recall installed - something to do with the Airbag.
Several assorted bulbs replaced.
Spark Plugs replaced around 60K for a hesitation ("trailer-hitching") issue that started around 45K miles.
Other than that - just normal routine maintenance; oil & filter, air filter, cabin filter, tires, battery, transmission & differential fluid changed.
I plan to replace the front brake pads and rotors, and flush the brake fluid this month for the first time....I've had a bad pulsation during braking for quite a while now.
I've used synthetic (M1) oil since the first oil change and add fuel system cleaner every 5K miles or so.
So far......so good!

Last edited:
2010 GT. Purchased 10/30/2010 and has about 6500 miles on it right now. Been perfect so far and ran great on our recent trip to Disney World (1300 miles, round trip.)

I have almost 13k now. Picked up on 6/1/2010.
A round trip from Olympia, WA to Las Vegas and Disneyland CA costed me 3K.
Nothing went wrong with my 9 except "rat". This happened after the car in dealer for replacing interior door trim.
I trapped one last year, but this year find out still have them, so angry.
Two minor damage areas. One bottom third row seat and other under the hood.

Thx! Can i replace the two relays myself--like unplug and plug in new ones or do they require specialized tools/training. In these days of $4.00+/gal gas I try to save money wherever i can. I've worked on my own cars whenever possible for over 20 years including a 95' B body Impala and an 85' Nissan 720.

2010 GT - 11,000 miles .. Haven't had a problem. I did get into a minor fender bender but everything is fixed.

28k miles.
Issues have been the rear brake squealing , which I believe there is a TSB for it, and the noisy "click" sound from the non greased front wheel bearings.
Some bulbs for the marker position burned very quickly, but now they don`t.
Keyfob battery lasts way less than other cars I have with an intelligent keyless entry and ignition.

Besides that minor stuff, all cool.

I wish Mazda would offer way better fuel economy in the next generation, as well as a bit more horsepower.

I've bought my CX-9 in Dec 2008. In 1-2 weeks, the CX-9 will reach 100,000km (62K miles) & warranty will expires. Since I bought the car, never had any issues. The only replacement the Service Center had done was a new battery, new rotors & brake pads. The car is doing well, quite happy with CX-9. Still looking & hoping for a gorgeous bodykit for CX-9...

2008 Touring AWD - 81K miles. Standard maintenance only (brakes, tires, turned rotors, etc). Car still drives great! No issues, awesome car :) Still has lots of spunk left also! Would buy again without question.....zoom zoom!

2008 Touring AWD - 81K miles. Standard maintenance only (brakes, tires, turned rotors, etc). Car still drives great! No issues, awesome car :) Still has lots of spunk left also! Would buy again without question.....zoom zoom!

Ditto that completely

44k on the ODO and still on OE brakes. Yoko Paradas and a few minor distractions.
Heading to gods country, northern Michigan in few weeks. Will add a few thousand miles.

Got my 2010 GT in April with 36k miles and just turned 39k last weekend so I have no idea what was done in the first 3-years but I have very little to complain about. This vehicle drives like a new car! Having said that if my elbow hits the door panel it feels a little hollow. We did 1000 miles last Saturday and Sunday (combined) and I felt very good after so many hours in the seat. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Back