How many miles do you have on your CX-9

:
2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring
I would like to know how many miles people have on their cx-9's before encountering any real problems. I currently have 31 thousand miles and the only thing i have go wrong with it was a stress crack on my drivers side mirror which happened around 8k miles. The only other thing that it will need is a tranny fluid replacement since the fluid is getting dark. Also out of curiousity has anyone reached 100 k miles yet.

We have 31K on a 2009 (wife puts on lots of miles shuttling the kids around). I just had the trans fluid changed Saturday since it was pretty dark along with an oil change. I've had it in for them to look at the aux port, which we have had problems cutting in and out when something it plugged in (never really resolved, they just said don't stuff so much stuff in the center console). That works sometimes and other times it doesn't. I have a feeling there is a short, so I may try it soon and take it back before the warranty is up. Problem is it isn't consistent so if they can't replicate it they tell me there is nothing they can do. The other thing was the rear hatch was acting flaky but they were able to "reset" it by simply using the key card. No issue with it since. Other than those small items, we've had no major issues so far.

I have 53K on my 07' and I have had a door switch control module replaced at 5K and a passenger vent control motor replaced at 48kish, oh and I did my brakes and new rotors at 31K.

Thanks for the input. I hope that more people take the time to answer this so that i can get an idea as well as everyone else what to expect down the road.

11K...2 oil changes...one tire rotation. Service tech checked all the boxes on the "full service report card" showing that he had topped off all fluids. I checked before leaving the drive and found that he had not touched the washer reservoir, so I jacked them up and they made good on it. I also marked my wheels to make sure that they did the rotation...never can tell with some of these lazy techs.

2008 GT AWD.
37K miles.
Two issues so far
- styrofoam inside rear doors went loose blocking window rolling down
- A/C relays replaced
Both minor issues taken care of when doing oil changes.

I highly recommend tranny fluid change (though not required by Mazda)
1st around 30K, and 15K afterwards.

Last edited:
2010 Touring FWD
Dolphin Gray Mica
Bought new 2/14/2011
Options/Add-ons: moon roof, hood deflector, moon roof deflector, cargo net, window solar tint
180 trouble-free miles so far

Just purchased a used rear view mirror with auto dimming, HomeLink, and compass, and will have installed by Mazda next week.

Forgot to mention - the new CX-9 also came with 6-CD stereo, Bose, advanced keyless entry/starting system, backup camera.

I highly recommend tranny fluid change (though not required by Mazda)
1st around 30K, and 15K afterwards.

What is the basis for this recommendation. Every 15K miles is WAY more often than any auto transmission manufacturer recommends. Please provide evidence before making statements like this. That is an expensive and wasteful practice if not backed up by engineering requirements.

2008 GT AWD
25,000 miles.
I have to get the relay replaced that causes the blower to go on after you shut off the car. I also think I have the styrofoam problem in one of my windows.

'08 GT has 23k and only issue was the silver plastic on the doors was replaced a year ago under TSB. Need to take it to the dealer soon to look into and noise in/near the left rear door. Sounds like change sliding in a plastic tray at quick acceleration or during braking. Cannot find the dang cause.

2011 Grand Touring Loaded with 1800 miles
I have only had one problem and that has been with the auto headlamps.They come on in the shade and won't go back off. I had the dealer adjust the sensitivity and it didn't help. I'll have to take it back in. I absolutely love this vehicle thought.
I replaced a 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited With the Hemi engine and there is no comparison. I was in the market for a New 2011 G Cherokee but choose the Mazda GT CX9. I am very happy my new 9 in every way.

My 2011 Grand Touring FWD, purchased 12/11 (with 490 miles, after dealer traded from NC->MD, me driving it), has 5400 miles, now 2.5 months later. A lot, mostly thanks to my job in December and January with 95 miles a day of commuting roundtrip. That stopped and my mileage hasn't changed much since the start of this month.

No problems, oil change at 3k miles and had a loose shroud around the steering wheel snapped back together. iPod module installed in December, great but more and more finicky daily. Trying to decide when my next oil change will be and also a rotate. Thinking 6k, not sure.

It's a blast to drive, and I love it. Solid, smooth, tight, fast, and even efficient. Glad I got the 2011 with the revised programming, in that regard, have averaged 20-22mpg every day since purchase.

Last edited:
Bought my 2007 FWD GT new on 2/28/2007. Current mileage is 45k.

Other than regular maintenance and a few recall notices and TSBs, it's been very reliable and enjoyable to drive. I did have to take it in during the first year to get the radio replaced due to it powering off by itself occassionally. I also had to take it in just last year to get the tailgate rust fixed. All of these things were covered under warranty. I replaced the awful tires that came on it at 26k (wish I'd done it sooner!). Last fall I had to have about a half dozen dings removed from the hood after parking under a black walnut tree (didn't realized I was getting bombed by walnuts until it was too late..) It's been a great car for everyday commutes when the weather is too nasty to take my Miata. We've really liked using it on our vacations, hauling the kid to sporting events, towing the canoe trailer, and carrying all the other "stuff" that won't fit in our smaller vehicles.

Back