Installing Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT on Mazda CX-9

Alpha1

:
CX-9
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a pioneer 110bt for my mazda cx-9 from ebay with an In-dash Receiver Kit from crutchfield. Is there any guide on how to remove the CX-9 stock radio or should I just go to a garage?

Cheers,

I just got a 2011 Mazda CX 9. On the 27th of January the temperature got up to 70 degrees and the inside of the car was a little warm so I turned on the AC and it did not blow cold air.

As a result of the AC being checked it was determined that the after-market entertainment package (Pioneer AVIC-X910BT with Satellite, Radio, blue tooth, Navigation, DVD player and a rear view camera) installed cause an electrical shortage to the AC. When I talked the service department on Friday 2/11/2011 they had the AC working again. I was also told that they may not be able to get an after market system installed in the car because of the way the AC is connected to harness of factory installed radio. Do anyone have a after market Navigation system in there 2011 CX9 touring?

Yes, I installed the Pioneer AVIC-F920BT into my CX 9 modelyear 11.
I have similar problems. The blower in the front is working only after about 40 minutes driving time. I wasn't at the service but after your mail I'm a bit confused. I do not understand where is the context between the navigation unit and the blower !!
What about your blower, does he work If you start the car ?
Have you the problem only with the AC or generally ?

to nitacx9
Yesterday I installed the original radio into my cx 9. This morninh, I had again trouble with my fan from the front AC.

What have you done in the meantime ?
Does your Pioneer is working now ?

Regards Peter

This seems mighty peculiar that installing an aftermarket radio would cause issues with the AC controls? What specifically on the harness does the factory radio co-utilize with the AC? once you know that, thne you can determine how to fake itt out.

Yes, I installed the Pioneer AVIC-F920BT into my CX 9 modelyear 11.
I have similar problems. The blower in the front is working only after about 40 minutes driving time. I wasn't at the service but after your mail I'm a bit confused. I do not understand where is the context between the navigation unit and the blower !!
What about your blower, does he work If you start the car ?
Have you the problem only with the AC or generally ?

Apparently the 2010's have no issues sofar:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...er-avic-z120bt-dvd-headrest-amp-and-capacitor

I have the same problem with my CX-9 after I install a Kenwood DNX9960, the AC stop working, but if I reconnect the OEM radio in the 70-7903T connector, without unplugging the Kenwood, the A/C start working again. The problem is that disconnecting the OEM the A/C stops working again. My deduction is that the A/C uses the CANBUS of the radio.

Anybody have tried the CTSMZ011 from www.connects2.com? Maybe this connector resolve this problem, since it also sends information to the canbus to control the clock and trip computer.

Last edited:
Hmmm, it seems that the 2010's do not have this issue but the 2011's do. What I think stinks is that Mazda would tie in the AC to the Radio?

I am thinking about replacing the standard stock head unit in my 2011 Touring but didn't want to run into any AC issues. So thinking about holding off on that change after reading this thread.Any update on this issue?

Is this just isolated to the 2011 models? I have an 07 and was debating on replacing the OEM unit.

Just a friendly word of advice.... For those of you considering buying a Pioneer AVIC series aftermarket nav unit, I would suggest googling "Pioneer AVIC Stuck" and read about all the problems they have sliding down, where the sliding mechanism breaks on this 1300 dollar unit. I have seem a few of these have these problems (in my line of work).

Back