Mazda 2 in the snow...

MazdaTwo

:
2011 Mazda 2 Sport (Black)
So seeing as how there are very few new Mazda 2 markets that haven't seen snow so far this year, how did everyone's 2 handle the weather?

We got about 10 inches overnight last night here in Maryland. I drove it at the beginning of the storm and right in the middle of it later last night... then again this morning on the way to work. The stock rubber seemed to do a decent job, and although the car is super light I only really had minor issues trying to go uphill in the really deep stuff.

I know some of you Canadian owners even got a set of snow tires with your purchase, so I can imagine that setup is pretty solid.

Well, I am in one of those few areas that did not get snow this year (Plus, I just got my 2 last week), but it is great to hear they do decent, just in case I travel to an area with an abundance of wintry weather! :)
I brought mine home from the dealership in some very strong rain and wind though, and i was surprised at the stability for such a lightweight small car.

Speaking of Stability: When in snow, do you drive with the dynamic stability control (DSC) on or off? I was in Chicago when I had my Civic Si and it wouldnt go anywhere in a snowy parking lot with DSC on...

I have been very pleased with how my 2 handles in the snow with the factory tires. I always leave DSC on. I traded a Honda Civic EX sedan for the 2...and though I was very pleased with the mobility of the Civic...I think the 2 is even more sure footed. (thumb)

Speaking of Stability: When in snow, do you drive with the dynamic stability control (DSC) on or off? I was in Chicago when I had my Civic Si and it wouldnt go anywhere in a snowy parking lot with DSC on...

I actually hadn't even considered turning the DSC off... I'm not sure if it would have made a huge difference in either direction, but I did leave it on.

I have Continental Extreme winter snows on and it is a great snow car. (as long as you have clearance)
We had 12" a few days ago and I find myself taking the untraveled secondary roads to stay clear of the SLOW traffic.
It's fun to run away from the local redneks in their jacked up 4WD pickups.

We had quite a bit of snow around here (about 18" on Wednesday) and it did just about as well as I would expect out of a small front-wheel drive car (considering I had rear-wheel drive cars for most of my life, pretty much anything non-rear-wheel drive seems good in the snow to me!). I tried to stick to the less snowy roads though, so I didn't get a lot of experience with it, but glad to hear others have had good experiences!

I find my yozora edition with the performance winter tires just destroys the roads its amazing.
I took it out to a freshly cleared parking lot the other week and put it complete sideways at 80km/h without blinking an eye the thing just won't wrap around.

I find the back end will kick out very rapidly but it never pivots around the front soon as the front pulls away the back end just slams right back into place its crazy.

even in 7-8" of very thick and heavy snow with 4 other people in the car it would just float across everything its nuts.

Back