FS: Mazdaspeed Protege for Sale or parts - 19K miles

Car was totaled on 10/13/11

FS: Mazdaspeed Protege for sale or parts - 19K miles

Asking price is $3,500 But I wont lower it too much.
I have a 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege.
The car has 19K miles. The engine and transmission run perfect. I fixed the little transmission leak coming from the shift rod, I have documents for that.
All stock, no modifications.
The vehicle does have a salvaged title due to a front-end collisional back in 2003
The car has been fixed and painted, but like all cars it does have little dents and scratches. The paint does have some over spray on the rear driver door/quarter panel, but I included a picture for the visual aspect. Its not that bad at all.
I never registered it as non-op. So over time, the car racked up 1000 dollars or so in California fees. (If bought out-of-state, I believe the fees dont apply, Ask you local DMV)
The car still needs a few parts, such as, front bumper, A/C condensor (but will include a regular protege one) I have the grille somewhere, airbag light is on (might need to reset the module) radiator holding brakets.
The seats are in great shape.
Two wheels have curbage.
Selling the car as is.
The check engine light is not on
I do not want to part it out.
I am not firm on the price but I know what the engine, transmission and turbo are worth alone so please no low ballers
Its worth it for the mileage alone.

Last edited:
Willing to trade for an 03 tiburon salvaged low miles needs a little tlc had it registered in op. Because I left to the army looking to pick up an msp here's the link

It drives

Hey, I'm not looking for trades, but thanks for the offer. I need to sell my msp. I might consider a mk4 GTi 1.8t with cash on my end.

Hey, I'm not looking for trades, but thanks for the offer. I need to sell my msp. I might consider a mk4 GTi 1.8t with cash on my end.

I've tried to call you to arrange payment but haven't received a call back? Please check your voicemail. I'd like to get the payment in the mail so I know the car is mine.

Thanks,

Evan

I've tried to call you to arrange payment but haven't received a call back? Please check your voicemail. I'd like to get the payment in the mail so I know the car is mine.

Thanks,

Evan

Hey, Evan
I'm at work until 6. I'll give you a call as soon as possible.

Are you unwilling to speak on the phone?

I'm not going to buy a car over PM on a forum without at least talking to the seller at least once. I've also checked with the BMV and I've been informed that the buyer will have to pay the fees you owe to California before the car can be titled. Also, to convert the title from salvage to salvage-restored will require pictures of the damage before repairs were done, can you provide those?

Thanks,

Evan

I'm not going to buy a car over PM on a forum without at least talking to the seller at least once.
A: Call me, We can work out the details. I'm free tomorrow evening.

I've also checked with the BMV and I've been informed that the buyer will have to pay the fees you owe to California before the car can be titled.
A: Can you give a more detailed reason. If thats the case, I'm not paying the fees. If i did pay the fees, I would keep the car and there wouldnt be a for sale thread on here.

Also, to convert the title from salvage to salvage-restored will require pictures of the damage before repairs were done, can you provide those?
A: No, I didnt consider taking pictures of the car before it was fixed. Salvaged cars in CA get inspected by a CHP before they under go registration. As far as I know, California has only one type of salvaged title. Which is the same as a salvage-restored title.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Back