Malaki Build Thread

malaki

:
00' Mazda Protege SE
Hi my name is Francis. I live in Montreal, Cananda. I have a 2000 Protege SE with the 1.6l and the brown/beige interior. Since Mai 2009 i keep modifing her and giving her love.

I started with my Protege SE, standard, brown/beige interior, 1.6l. In 2000 it was the ''Smallest'' model available. And it startde of like this:

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_3253copy.jpg

IMG_3267popy.jpg

IMG_3278copy.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_4905.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5407.jpg

IMG_5411.jpg

Interior:

-Complete interior of a Mazda Protege Mp3
-Steering wheel Nardi Torino Special Editon Mp3
-Yellow top Otima
-Custom fiber carbon incert
-Dave B Gauges Rings
-Gauges pod
-Prosport gauges (Oil pressure, Voltmeter and Boost)
-Gauges A/F Innovate motorsport

Exterior:

-ProtegeSpeed/P5 side skirts
-Rear skirt of Mazda ProtegeSpeed 2003.5
-Custom front lip
-Spoiler of mazda protegespeed 2003.5
-Trunk Badge less
-Black Housed head lights
-Black Housed clear corner
-Konig Holes 16x7.5po repainted/sandblasted by me :p)
-Shaved doors
-Custom fitted front grill
-JDM tail lights
-Orange LED flashers

Handling:

-JIC magic FLT-TAR coilovers
-Front strut bar
-General Exclaim UHP tires
-Sway Bar arriere Racing Beat
-Energy rear sway bar bushing

-Garett T-25 ceramic coated
-Custom exhaust manifold ceramic coated
-Downpipe custom, cat-less, wrapped with exhaust wrapping
-XTD 11lbs flywheel
-6puck ACT clutch (race disc no springs)
-Quaife LSD
-AWR motor mount (duro 88)
-CorkSport motormount bushings (duro 88)
-1988 RX-7 Injector set newly rebuilt 550cc
-CX Racing FMIC
-FMIC Pipping 2,5po flat black
-Couplers 3 plies
-B.O.V. HKS SSQV
-M.B.C. TurboXS stage 2
-Megasquirt Management
-Mazdaspeed exhaust
-MAF delete
-A/C delete
-custom turbo oil feed line
-Baffle plate OEM genuine spec. brand new
-Oil pan custom made

I probably forgot some things, I'll update the pictures. But it's winter and there's snow over... I have to fix a couple of thing around my motor like my prestone return and some little things.

Let me know what you guys thing :p

Really nice job Francis!
Try to post more pics of your interior.
I did change my interior from light gray to black,painting those interior parts it's a nightmare lol.
Great mod,2 thumbs up!..

Really nice job Francis!
Try to post more pics of your interior.
I did change my interior from light gray to black,painting those interior parts it's a nightmare lol.
Great mod,2 thumbs up!..

I have a lot of picture... The only things is uploading then :p It takes time.

And the interior job for me was nothing compare to turbo charging a 1.6l. :p But still it's a lot a job since you took the way of painting it. Does the paint holds up good?

BOI GOT THAT QUAIFE!

Great list of mods and loving the car man. Change that exhaust system and put something more aggresive! That will top it off..

I'll keep the MSP exhasut because over here you can't modified a stock exhaust system... It's an OEM exhaust so officer can't give me a ticket... well not for that lol But trust me with the 2,5in dowmpipe it sounds really good ;)

I gotcha..

yeah, I'm a little worried about piecing my 3" exhaust system together soon because I can just imagine how LOUD it's going to be. (five-0)

looking good bud, the back of your Protege looks STUNNING !

Thk's! allway nice to have feedback eather good or bad. I'm not so sure to keep my 2003.5 wing... Might go wingless

I'm having lots of problems with my computer so I'll have to wait before putting photos of my engine bay... :S I'll try to get some nice interior shot to while I'm there :p

I think it looks great with the 03.5 wing and should keep it ! but if you decide to sell it ill buy it asap haha

if you don't mind can you show me what plug are in the back of your speedometer? pic will be nice!

if you don't mind can you show me what plug are in the back of your speedometer? pic will be nice!

What plug is in the back of my speedo??? They are all the same from 1999-2003.5, P5 included so you can swap a manual speedo of any year on yours.

Here's an up date guys! As promise I'll post some engine bay pictures here's one. The pipping of my BOV and ITS are now painted and the valve cover is an other color lol this picture is from this summer.

IMG_5193.jpg

IMG_6541.jpg

Back