Creaking front end noise...It actually worked!

Platinum GT

:
2007 CX-9 GT AWD, All Options
Just spreading my excitement that the tip for greasing the front strut bump stops cured the creaking when going over speed bumps and turning.

I even got a free set of upper strut bearings out of the deal from the dealership because they couldn't identify the culprit either!

I highly recommend doing this even if you don't have the noise. Just to prevent it from ever happening.

Hi what is the procedure to do this? I also have the creaking noise sometimes when going over speed bumps. Happened after the car was under-washed and detailed so I suspected some lubrication was power-washed off.

Ok here is the best way:

The easiest way is to raise the front end of the 9, if not then deal the hand jack. The goal is to raise the front struts so that they are fully extended. Put your hands in the wheel well and raise the strut boots up one at a time on each side. Spray a white lithium lube on each strut shaft and rub the bump-stop up and down. This should work.

I have an '07 and it has been making the same horrible "creaking" noise over bumps at low speeds... I was told that it was front sway bar bushings needing replacement, apparently a common problem and they redesigned them after the 09 model year.... anyone else have and fix this issue?

Back