TCS lights stay on for no reason?

My TCS light, ABS light and Brake light have been coming on for a few minutes every morning for the past 3 days. First the Brake light comes on as soon as I put the car in Drive, A few seconds later the TCS, and ABS lights come on together. After a few minutes of driving, all 3 lights go out at the same time. They don't stay on long enough to get the code checked but i am starting to get concerned because the light was on for a longer time today than the past 2 days.

I was having TPMS, TCS and ABS lights come on at the same time. TPMS would flash, TCS and ABS would stay on.
I corrected low tire pressure, resetting TPMS switch wouldnt make the light stop flashing.
Sometimes all three lights would go off for a short time while driving, but would come back on.

With these three lights on, I would sometimes, but not every time, feel the ABS kick in when Im coming to a stop. It wasnt a fast stop and I wasnt on a loose surface like gravel. It should not have been kicking in.

I have 26,900 miles on the car. Original tires, and service and maintenance have been through a dealership. I havent ran into a curb and dont fly over speed bumps.

I followed Antonios suggestion and it worked. With engine running and foot on break, I turned the steering wheel all the way to the right then all the way to the left, then all the way back to the right then all the way back to the left. All three lights went off immediately. I drove it three miles through my neighborhood and it drove fine and lights stayed off.

Thanks Antonio, you save me from spending tons of money, and quite possibly from throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of the dealership.

Im having the same issue with my 2007 CX-9 i drove it the other day parked it and when i got up the next afternoon to go to work the TCS light and the Brake light was lit. I tried spraying water from my hose around the sensor to possibly clear off any junk around it tried the lock to lock while brake depressed tried the fiddle with the button wile car halfway on, lights still on. I read about how to check the codes for the light to figure out the abs code but im having issues figuring out where that box is that i ground to get the code. any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey guys and gals, just joined to thank you for the information and add my 2c.

(2014 CX-9 Touring)
I had Brake, TCS, and DSC (squiggle car) lights stay on just after I had tightened the P brake using the adjustment nut at the pedal. Thought it was an issue with the P brake switch, but I decided to first try the quick troubleshooting in this thread. Did the brake, left, right, left; and double tap the TCS button. Neither worked. Then I remembered my Xterra was having a similar issue that I traced to low steering and brake fluids. So I checked the fluids on the 9, and found it really low in the brake. Topped it up, started the car, and the lights were gone! Problem solved! Hopefully...

Then I checked the manual about the brake light (had already checked on the TCS and DSC lights)... facepalm.

Hope this helps someone...

Attachments

• 20210430_215919.jpg
    20210430_215919.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 115

(2014 CX-9 Touring)
I had Brake, TCS, and DSC (squiggle car) lights stay on just after I had tightened the P brake using the adjustment nut at the pedal. Thought it was an issue with the P brake switch, but I decided to first try the quick troubleshooting in this thread. Did the brake, left, right, left; and double tap the TCS button. Neither worked. Then I remembered my Xterra was having a similar issue that I traced to low steering and brake fluids. So I checked the fluids on the 9, and found it really low in the brake. Topped it up, started the car, and the lights were gone! Problem solved! Hopefully...

Then I checked the manual about the brake light (had already checked on the TCS and DSC lights)... facepalm.

Glad you figured it out. I didn't realize it can be adjusted at the pedal. I forgot to adjust the cable last time I did rear brakes and it needs to be tightened. Thanks!

(2014 CX-9 Touring)

Since this was bumped up, figured I'd add my 2c as well.

My wife's previous '09 CX9 had this same issue. Hers started out as lights coming on turning one direction and turning off going the other.

Brought it into the dealer and they said it was low on brake fluid, which they said was a master cylinder leaking into the brake booster. That issue was known on the 08 and earlier models (I think recall?), but not on the 09+ (which I knew thanks to this forum). Dealer wanted something like $1000 to replace the booster and master cylinder (well out of warranty at the time).

I paid the diagnostic fee and the couple oz of brake fluid and went on my way without replacing the parts, again, my judgement was based on what I read on this forum.

That was around 7-8 years and probably 100k+ miles ago. Never lost any additional fluid or any brake issues again (besides normal brake wear). Just another dealer trying to get some extra money in their pockets.

Back