A few questions re: 2011 Grand Touring w/Nav

11PearlCX9

:
2011 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
I've been poring over the manuals for my new 2011 Grand Touring (w/nav), but haven't been able to find the answers to a few questions. I know there are a lot of very knowledgeable folks here, and hope maybe someone knows the answers.

First, is it possible to turn off the beeps that sound when the volume is adjusted from the steering wheel? The only directions I've been able to find online for doing this was for a 2010 model, and the descriptions don't match up with what I see.

Second, is it possible to change what is displayed on the top display (where the temperatures are) when using Sirius? Right now, it shows the preset number and channel number, but that's it. In my Speed3, I could change it (or maybe it came that way - I don't remember) so it would display the first characters of the artist's name.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

On my 08, non-Nav Bose you can turn the "beep" on and off by pushing the right AUDIO knob. When BEEP displays, turn the knob left to turn BEEP OFF. The same knob is used to set Bass, treble, balances, etc.

You change the Sirius display from station number to station name by pushing the left side DISP knob. When the number is displayed push and hold the knob. There is a delay, but it will switch and display the station name, not the number.

Found this Sirius setup info in the Mazda CX-9 satellite radio kit manual given to me when I picked up the vehicle. It's not in the Mazda Owner's Manual.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick response. I managed to figure out the beep issue (yeah!!), but I think the non-nav display and controls are different than the nav's are. (There's no left side DISP knob, for example.) So the Sirius/audio display continues to elude me. (huh)

Thanks for the quick response. I managed to figure out the beep issue (yeah!!), but I think the non-nav display and controls are different than the nav's are. (There's no left side DISP knob, for example.) So the Sirius/audio display continues to elude me. (huh)

how did you fix it?

how did you fix it?

Turns out the Sirius display can't be changed, but I'm OK with that. It's actually nice to always know what channel is playing.

For the beep, though, it was pretty easy:

Press the Display button (bottom right button).

Press Settings.

Make sure the Beep setting is Off.

That's it! :)

Latest posts

Back