Carbing Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars = Sexy Time!

Circuit

Low and Slow
:
03 Protege5
After 2.5 months of waiting, I finally received my herra JDM Carbing front and rear strut tower bars. They deserved their own thread lol.

The front is completely 1 piece welded, and does not come with a bracket for the cruise control. I just left that bracket on the passenger side with some washers on the 1 stud that the bracket does not cover.

The rear was standard 3 piece (like the GT spec) but way beefier IMO since I had the GT Spec at one point. Cutting the panels was so nerve-wracking to do perfectly. I am pretty happy with it.

I have seen the front bar in 1 or 2 super old threads, but never the rear. Could it be I am the only one in the US with the rear bar? LOL

On to the pics.

Still in the bag
_MG_7661.jpg

Awesome print at the top of the bag
_MG_7668.jpg

Front shot
IMG_0284.jpg

Side shot. The bar actually sits further back in the engine bay compared to OEM or GT Spec.
IMG_0285.jpg

With Perrin fuel rail in the background
IMG_0288.jpg

Rear with seats folded down
IMG_0293.jpg

Rear with amps and accent lights on. So sexy.
IMG_0299.jpg

LED accent lights off
IMG_0297.jpg

SUPER close clearance between the rear bar and my amps that are on the back of the seat. I did not plan for this, and just got lucky LOL. Literally 2-3mm clearance.
IMG_0302.jpg

Thanks to BlackMambaMotorsports! They gave me a great deal and always kept in touch during the long wait!

Last edited:
Very yummy! Looks beefy fo sho. Any pics of the rest of the car?

Very yummy! Looks beefy fo sho. Any pics of the rest of the car?

There are tons all over this forum lol. Check my sig for my winning MOTM entry from Feb. She is super dirty right now though, so nothing recent.

My bad. I have sigs and avatars turned off for this forum. Was on nasioc for years and used to not having things fill up the page.

My bad. I have sigs and avatars turned off for this forum. Was on nasioc for years and used to not having things fill up the page.

All good lol. I have never kept up with with my build thread so my pics are all scattered.

ahh JDM goodness! cant afford a carbing rear bar ended up with a corksport=)

Back