2002 Mazda Protege5 (OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graeter

:
02 Mazda Protege5
Well, I am thinking about selling my car because I badly miss autocross/racing and want to get back into it.

Here is the deal on the protege5, which I was making into the ultimate daily driver:
It truly is a great car and extremely well maintained. Most maintenance gets done well before needed because I`m anal about reliability with being in college. I`ll be home (Cleveland) for about 3 weeks starting on Saturday 18DEC2010.
- Red
- ~89000 miles
- Automatic
VIN #

The Bad:
I am not saying this car is perfect cosmetically. There are small dings and scratches on the car, but nothing ridiculous. There is a big paint chip on the front bumper passenger side, I`d suggest getting a new skin and painting it, but again it`s tolerable. Likewise, there is slight bubbles on hood near corner (real little), and on the inside of the back hatch (again nothing bad at all). There is also surface rust on the bottom passenger side near the front of the wheel well. Completely surface rust only. To me this car was a daily driver for college so I bought it like this and I didn`t care about the exterior although it was clay barred once a year and waxed/washed regularly. There are a few pictures, more after this exam week once I can clean it up at home. Condition of car is exactly the same as the pictures.

Now that all the bad is listed, here is the good, better and great:
- Remanufactured Calipers, new rotors, new Hawk HPS pads with 3000 miles on them now.
- Brand new Tokico Blues, tein s-techs, and brand new endlinks all around with 3000 miles
- Great condition 18x8" wheels with approximately 2000 miles on yokohama s-drives. Still basically brand new because these are all DD miles
- Sandblasted and repainted stock rims with brand new firestone winterforce tires (~300 miles on them)
- Flawless Tint (5% rear 7 windows, 20% front side 2 windows)

Some Pictures from right before I left for school, hasn`t changed condition:
P1020427.jpg

P1020422.jpg

P1020416.jpg

P1020418.jpg

P1020414.jpg

Winter Setup (With name/date/website on white paper)
P1020527.jpg

P1020521.jpg

P1020523.jpg

Big Problems:
P1020524.jpg

P1020525.jpg

Price:
$5500 obo

Only Trade:
Subaru Impreza L coupe + cash
- Manual Preferred
- Rust free = MUST
- Exterior/Interior condition good, but not crucial

Feel Free to call/text me at (440)759-9686 or PM me, names Paul.

Last edited:
check out the for sale rules....you need proper signs in the pic or the thread will be closed...just letting you know :)

btw if i had 5500 extra dollars id buy it lol

check out the for sale rules....you need proper signs in the pic or the thread will be closed...just letting you know :)

btw if i had 5500 extra dollars id buy it lol
Damn, well I won`t be taking new pictures till the weekend so hopefully they let me slide until then!
Thanks! Ya, it really is a great car. Minus the few things I listed which are wrong with it. Maintenance wise, it is flawless.

Damn, well I won`t be taking new pictures till the weekend so hopefully they let me slide until then!

Edit: PM received - thread unlocked per request!

Last edited:
Did you used to work at Arbys in Hudson? I think I said hi one time as I work right down the street.

^No, def not! Sorry! I`m relatively sure I have talked to you at superfly though. I probably never had this P5 with me though because I used to drive my silver bugeye to superfly

Oh my bad then. Haha. There is a cat who used to work there with a red P5 with tint and black wheels too. I always liked his car so thought it was yours. Nevermind. Sorry for the off topic post.

Yours is still badass though. Good luck with the sale, mate. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back