Status
Not open for further replies.

Kooldino

MOTM Winner Jan '09
Authorized Vendor
Contributor
:
MP3
The wait is almost over. The most well produced turbo kit for the 2001+ Mazda Protege is finally ready. Save $500 by pre-ordering the first batch of turbo kits. Regular price for this kit will be $3999, but if you pre order it, it's yours for $3499.

We've invested a LOT of time and money developing this kit. We've built it, rebuilt it, and tweaked it some more. This is the kit to own. Powerful, reliable, and durable. No more chasing down issues, dealing with broken parts, etc. This is the last kit you will ever need to own for your Protege. SpeedCircuit would love to continue to develop products for this car, but in order to do that we need your support.

attachment.php

Kit includes the following:
-Genuine Garrett T3 Turbo, 60 trim with .48 A/R
-Polished Stainless Steel intake and intercooler piping. Includes convertible CAI/SRI and blow through MAF relocation
-AEM Dryflow air filter
-2.5" Stainless Steel downpipe with SS flanges and extra O2 bung for a wideband sensor.
-Purpose built bar & plate Front Mount Intercooler
-Purpose built water outlet and silicon hose
-Stainless Steel oil feed and return lines
-GReddy RZ Blow Off Valve
-SteedSpeed Turbo manifold with V-Band port for external wastegate. Production manifolds will be ceramic coated in Black.
-ARP Turbo hardware
-Tial MV-S 38MM Wastegate (available in black, blue, or red)
-High quality silicon couplers
-SS T-Bolt Clamps
-Stainless steel hardware
-All necessary bolts, gaskets, etc.
-Optional powder coating on turbo and piping
-Designed to be efficient from 5-20psi. Safe for stock motors, great for built motors!

Recommended upgrades to accommodate this kit:
-Slim radiator fans
-Wideband O2 gauge
-Boost gauge
-Fuel and/or engine management

Orders will come first come, first serve.

NOTE: Car in photo is running a pre-production kit which does not have all of the described upgrades.

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.speedcircuit.net/product_info.php?products_id=388

Attachments

• DSC_1852.jpg
    DSC_1852.jpg
    449.3 KB · Views: 21,053
  • DSC_1858.jpg
    DSC_1858.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 10,895
  • DSC_1850.jpg
    DSC_1850.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 3,231
Estimated. Whp ?

That really depends on how much boost you plan on running. With supporting mods, 5psi will net you 200hp, and 20psi should net you 350hp. An upgraded turbo will bring you even more power.

Nice. I rode in a car last year that had a very similar setup with Dino. It ran pretty darn good. If I had a worthy Protege, I'd definitely consider this. Hopefully some of you jump on this!

I want to know if I could upgrade the t3 to a gt2860rs or a gt2871. Would be the manifold and downpipe the same as the standard kit? Thanks! And possibly the cost for this upgrade...

Should have made this thread back in July... setup looks nice. I would have jumped all over this and called it a day.
GLWS

I want to know if I could upgrade the t3 to a gt2860rs or a gt2871. Would be the manifold and downpipe the same as the standard kit? Thanks! And possibly the cost for this upgrade...

I actually have a lightly used 2871R on the shelf from my old turbo setup (which is also for sale):

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123788434-Kooldino-s-Protege-Turbo-Kit-w-2871R-Turbo

The upgrade would probably be a few hundred bucks.

The manifold and downpipe would be standard, yes.

Should have made this thread back in July... setup looks nice. I would have jumped all over this and called it a day.
GLWS

You did it the hard way, eh?

I had a gauging interest thread out for the longest time, but actually getting all of the custom parts made for the kit and testing it took time. We didn't get the prototype up and running until April.

Thanks for the email link to this, This is something for me to think about in the new year :) if the shipping price is good ;)

You did it the hard way, eh?

I had a gauging interest thread out for the longest time, but actually getting all of the custom parts made for the kit and testing it took time. We didn't get the prototype up and running until April.

All good, I'm having fun with the whole process. But for anyone looking for a one stop shop, this kit seems well worth it.

Indeed it is. For the quality of the kit and the materials you get, it's a hell of a value.

Ok here comes my nOOb question. Engine or fuel management? Which is best? also do you recommend to change/ upgrade the fuel pump, injectors and fuel rail?

Are you going to be selling the straight waterneck by itself at all? I know those would sell out pretty quick if you did :)

Ok here comes my nOOb question. Engine or fuel management? Which is best? also do you recommend to change/ upgrade the fuel pump, injectors and fuel rail?

That all depends on three questions.

1-What's your budget?
2-What are the requirements for inspection/emissions (assuming this is a street legal car)?
3-What are your power goals?

Are you going to be selling the straight waterneck by itself at all? I know those would sell out pretty quick if you did :)

We're going to be offering a the neck and the radiator hose as a kit as soon as we have the rest of the hoses in stock.

If I buy a Haltech or something else (Sprint 500 or Platinum 1000) with the kit can you tune it correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back