GI: New protege headlights with Projector Retrofits and HID kit?

like the title says.

i've got a set of brand new Protege sedan headlights i was gonna put in my car, never got to using them. and now that i did my retrofit, i'm figuring i can do another one for somebody.

just a basic one, but everything would be included and brand new, i'm talking about, new headlights, new projectors and shrouds, new hid kit and new relay.

anybody interested?

wait, whats different between this thread and my for sale thread

Last edited:
Agreed what is the difference? He's not making a boat load of them just another set...
How much to do another set? what projectors ect do you plan to use, and do you have a pic of the first set you did?

making 1 or making 100, you need to be approved to sell anything you "made with the intention of selling".

Agreed what is the difference? He's not making a boat load of them just another set...
How much to do another set? what projectors ect do you plan to use, and do you have a pic of the first set you did?

edit: i'll apply for the AMM when i get done with my last presentation today
(even though they require some bulls*** things like my picture and home address)

i was just going to use morimoto H1s plus they already come with Gatling shrouds to keep the price down.
also, pardon the missing bumper, now i'm painting the IC after i put the lights in, so it's still off.
2010-11-20162108.jpg

2010-11-20162119.jpg

Last edited:
MattV has been doing this for months now
mattV is an AMM.

and keep in mind, if you do decide to offer this up, matt is offering a nearly identical service. he does morimoto H1's with your choice of configuration options. im not trying to me mr. negativity here, im just sharing my observations.

I think the point here is to offer competition. hich is nice maybe the prices will start coming down a bit!!
s*** You can pick up projectors for ever other car for under $200

yeah, most of them look like ass.

theyre cheap because theyre just depo lights with projectors molded in. if someone made depo lights with integrated projectors theyd be $200 for this car too.
but they dont, so you start with depo lights ($150), add morimoto projectors ($over 100), and good ballasts, labor, and suddenly you get the idea of why theyre so expensive.

mattV is an AMM.

and keep in mind, if you do decide to offer this up, matt is offering a nearly identical service. he does morimoto H1's with your choice of configuration options. im not trying to me mr. negativity here, im just sharing my observations.

i know he's doing the exact same thing. and how should i put this delicately, that's why i did mine myself.

Where in Tally are you? I had a set of MattV lights a few months back but sold them. Maybe we could meet up and so I could see the cutoffs at night on your set. How about a local Tally Import discount? :)

Where in Tally are you? I had a set of MattV lights a few months back but sold them. Maybe we could meet up and so I could see the cutoffs at night on your set. How about a local Tally Import discount? :)

here it is at the FSU stadium garage during adjustment

2010-11-19214232.jpg

Looks good. Got your PM. I don't usually attend the TI meets. Not my cup tea unfortunately. If you get an idea on price, shoot me a PM and we can go from there :)

edit: video fail

try this:

http://s766.photobucket.com/albums/...on=view&current=video-2010-12-04-18-49-10.mp4

edit: dang p5 headlights are hard to come by, and like 3 times more expensive

P.S.: u guys know what the are the handlers for actually embedding the videos on the forum. the photobucket embed code thing doesnt seem to work anymore, just comes up as this:

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid766.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fxx303%2Fjchimei%2Fcell%2520phone%2Fvideo-2010-12-04-18-49-10.mp4">

Last edited:
Back