FS: Mazdaspeed Protege for parts - 19K miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAZDA_SPEED

:
BLACK MSP
Asking price is $3,500 But I wont lower it too much.
Hey, so I have a 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege.
The car has 19K miles.
All stock, no modifications. (it does have a front mount intercooler, never ran)
The vehicle does have a salvaged title due to a front-end collisional back in 2003
The car has been fixed and painted, but like all cars, it does have small dents and starches.
but I never registered it as non-op
So over time it has racked up 1000 dollars or so in California fees.
I'm mainly selling it as a part car just because of the work it needs
but if you want to fix it, its a good car
The car starts and drives, but needs an alignment.
The transmission has a little leak coming from the shifting rod
The interior is clean, almost brand new.
The seats are in great shape.
Selling the car as is.
The check engine light is not on
I do not want to part it out.
I am not totally firm on the price but I know what the engine, transmission and turbo are worth alone so please no low ballers
Its worth it for the mileage alone.

You can call, text or email me. My number is 909.354.7472 thanks

I'll get updated pictures tomorrow. for now ---> here

CIMG8553.jpg

CIMG8552.jpg

CIMG8551.jpg

CIMG8550.jpg

CIMG8548.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I am confused?
Why was the car painted?
Why was it not registered and what and why would it be as a non-op?

Not trying to be negative...but 19K miles.... something just doesnt sound right here.

everything is correct. The whole car was painted due to front-end collision. I have the title in hand with 19k miles on the title as well. its the real deal. The car was bought and left in storage until 2007. The car was fixed, then found out about the fees. The car still needs to be completed. Thats why its for parts or someone can fix it. I can take pictures of the title and cluster to prove the mileage.

I'm a little surprised that the mods haven't chimed in yet. Your pics are 5+ months old. Not good.

Must have gotten hit hard since it was hit in 2003, the year it came out from production. It's a steal if someone wanted to pick this up. What's the work that needs to be done? just a leak?

It needs tires, alignment, grille, AC condenser, front bumper, radiator brackets and the leak is coming from the shift rod. Mazda has the shift rod for 50 dollars. :p It just needs to be installed. and thats about it. The motor is strong, and no check engine light. Although the airbag light is on, but I replaced the airbags, seat belts and the airbag computer. The light needs to be turned off by the dealer, thats what the dealership said. I dont have the money or time to finish it. I bought all the parts off this site. Only original parts were used.

Last edited:
so how much are you asking for?? i didn' see an asking price.. n personally i think you shud part out i jist want the lower grille and the tranny lol

This is so tempting to get this and repair and sell in Norway where there is no such thing as a salvage title. Is the car able to safely be driven into a trailer and then in and out of transport ships (roro cargo)? What about the fees if exported away from USA?

PS you should put the asking price in the first post, not only in the ad in the external link.

Thread will be locked soon. I cant take updated pictures because its been raining. I'm hoping the rain lets off by tomorrow so i can update the pictures for you guys. Feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back