Clutch or Slave cylinder

1fastms

I took my car to the track once, long time ago. I probably ran like 3 times, ever since every time I hit the clutch to change gears my clutch pedal feels a little sticky and makes a noise like a crunchy, spongy, can't really describe the exact sound. Also when the car is stop, with the engine running for over 15-20minutes I have to pump the clutch like 3-5 times before it allows me to get into gears. I thought it could be the clutch but couple people told me that it might be the slave cylinder b/c the system is hydraulic so I shouldn't feel that stickines at the pedal or noises while pushing on the pedal. Thanks

yes, replace both. remember to bench bleed or you can have this problem on your first ride after replacing them, i would know.. no point in diagnosing which one it is just replace both, not much more expensive. also make sure you have no air in the lines, and if your fluid is too low add a lot more, brakes share same resevoir with clutch.

do you also have to bleed the brakes when replacing the master/slave cylinders? or just the slave cylinder

Back