CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!

Thread: Airbag Warning Light Flashing

Registered Member

2008 Mazda5 GT 5-spd manual

Airbag Warning Light Flashing

I'm not sure where I should post this, but since the flashing warning light on the dash is electronic itself I figured this was the section to post this thread.

Yeah, I started my '08 this morning and the red airbag light on the dash didn't go out. It is flashing. Two long flashes followed by three quick flashes. Then it waits and does it all over again. Anyone know what this is all about?

I'm out of warranty (102,500km), but I will be going in to the city to see the dealer on account of the power steering fix that they need to do once they have the parts in. I can get Mainway in Saskatoon to look at the flashing light then, but I wondered if anyone knew what that specific flashing means.

Any ideas welcome. Thanks in advance.

Registered Member

2008 Mazda5 Touring

The SRS is apart of the OBD system, therefore you will need a code reader.
    Aaron

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOOOM mazdadude's Avatar

'15 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD

Items For Sale
    For what it is worth, I looked in my 2006 Mazda5 FWM, and the "2-3" Blink Code is = DTC B1055 , Which refers to the Passenger side airbag. however since the blink codes can be hard to decipher, the true DTC code from an OBDII code reader would help us help you more.

Has anything changed on the car recently? Such as work done on the car, damage to the car, rain, anything odd you can think of?

Most, if not all auto parts stores will now connect a reader and read your ODBII code for free.
    Last edited by mazdadude; 10-13-2010 at 12:48 PM.
    Mazda's I have owned over the years.
    80' Mazda GLC SPORT - sold
    81' Mazda 626 - sold
    81' Mazda 626 LX - sold
    82' Mazda 626 - sold
    82' Mazda 626 LX - sold
    85' Mazda 626 - sold
    87' Mazda 626 GT Turbo - sold
    85' Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE - sold
    87' Mazda RX-7 Turbo 2 - sold
    91' Mazda Protege LX - sold
    92' Mazda MX-5 Miata - sold
    93' Mazda MX-3 GS-V6 Special Edition - sold
    00' Mazda 626 LX-V6 - sold
    02' Mazda Protege5 - sold
    92' Mazda MX-5 Miata - sold
    06' Mazda 5 Touring Auto - sold
    13' Mazda CX-5 Touring - sold
    14' Mazda 3i Grand Touring - sold
    15' Mazda CX-5 Touring Auto - current

Registered Member

2008 Mazda5 Touring

See if this helps...it's for an '05, but it's all I have.

Airbag Warning Lights.pdf
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

before you do anything, when the light came on, were you transporting something small on the passenger seat and used the seatbelt to secure it from moving around? Because this will cause the passenger airbag light to go on

Registered Member

When mine does this it's usually because there is something under the passenger seat. If I move the seat forward or back it frequently clears up. There's also a plug under the seat that I can wiggle some to make it go away.

Registered Member

2008 Mazda5 GT 5-spd manual

No, it hasn't been rained on, I haven't done anything to the car, and I didn't have something sitting on the passenger seat. All I did was park the car the night before, and the next morning it was blinking.

So I called Mainway Mazda in Saskatoon and they said that it might be a loose connection somewhere and that the worst case senario is that the air bag won't deploy in an accident. Not good. I started the car up yesterday and the light's not blinking anymore. No sense taking it in and having them fix something that's not broken. Grrrr.

I did have a pop bottle under the front passenger seat that I have done nothing with except turn corners and have it roll around. Perhaps I'll take a peek under the seat when it's light out. Thanks Rocket.

Registered Member

2008 Mazda 5, Touring

Mazda 5 Blinking Airbag light

Mazdadudue - my airbag light is blinking in a 4 long, 2 short pattern. do you know what that means? I've moved all of the seats back and forth and it isn't related to whether something is sitting on a seat. I just bought this car used and no warranty

Quote Originally Posted by mazdadude View Post
    For what it is worth, I looked in my 2006 Mazda5 FWM, and the "2-3" Blink Code is = DTC B1055 , Which refers to the Passenger side airbag. however since the blink codes can be hard to decipher, the true DTC code from an OBDII code reader would help us help you more.

Has anything changed on the car recently? Such as work done on the car, damage to the car, rain, anything odd you can think of?

Most, if not all auto parts stores will now connect a reader and read your ODBII code for free.

Registered Member

2008 Mazda5 Touring

FYI - OBD readers that auto parts stores use don't pull anything but 'P' (powertrain) trouble codes, not 'B' (body) ones.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.