HOW-TO: Rewire fog lights to come on with parking lights

So, I'm an embecile but I did manage to get the jumper done today by following the instructions carefully up to a point. The part where I screwed up was where I removed the little 10 amp micro-fuse tha powers the dash lighting so I could plug in the "Add-a-line" I sort of missed the fact that removing the fuse kills the circuit! LOL So, one heart attack later I have un-done my stupidity, and the fogs run without the headlights!

If you have a similar fuse/relay panel layout, then I don't see why not. Even if the configuration is different, all you're doing it sourcing the power (12V) of the fog relay coil from another circuit.

If you have a similar fuse/relay panel layout, then I don't see why not. Even if the configuration is different, all you're doing it sourcing the power (12V) of the fog relay coil from another circuit.

Thank you for letting back to me. I have couple of questions.
Do you have a close-up picture for the 10A fuse (the way you mod it)?
I can't figure out where do I plug in the fuse. Do I have to move the fog light fuse (15A) at all?

Thank you.

Sorry, I don't have any other pictures. I did this mod 4 years ago, primarily for testing. After writing this 'HOW-TO', I immediately wired mine permanently as seen here - http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...Rewire-fog-lights-as-DRLs-A-T-only&highlight=

I had chosen the TAIL circuit (parking lights) to trigger the relay. To do so meant that I simply snipped off the corner of the 10A fuse (TAIL circuit) to expose the metal and solder the red wire to it. The orientation you re-insert the fuse is important because the relay load must be on the same side as the TAIL load to be protected. There is no modification to the fog light fuse.

Sorry, I don't have any other pictures. I did this mod 4 years ago, primarily for testing. After writing this 'HOW-TO', I immediately wired mine permanently as seen here - http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...Rewire-fog-lights-as-DRLs-A-T-only&highlight=
I had chosen the TAIL circuit (parking lights) to trigger the relay. To do so meant that I simply snipped off the corner of the 10A fuse (TAIL circuit) to expose the metal and solder the red wire to it. The orientation you re-insert the fuse is important because the relay load must be on the same side as the TAIL load to be protected. There is no modification to the fog light fuse.

I ended up with Fog+AT relay mod.

Fog lights turn on when car starts but can't be turned off (the fog light switch doesn't work at all). And another problem is it cuts off when the low beam is on (I know it should turn off with high beam) (uhm) Maybe they changed something for 2012 model. Any ideas (dunno)

From memory, the switch (on the turn signal stalk) grounds the coil; the power leg (that gets clipped) normally receives power from the headlights circuit; clipping the leg ensures that it doesn't back-feed the A/T power into the headlights circuit.

You would need to use a test light to determine the operation of each leg of the fog relay. If you could, pull the fog relay, test each terminal of the socket with the headlights ON & OFF, and report back your results.

Back