HP to the wheels

one-billion.gif

lol.....umm, depends on the car and dyno. Most estimate around 220-225. Some see more, some see less.

you have an sri? that sucks cuz you actually put down less hp to the wheels even though you have more hp to the crank

its really weird, i know, but the sri's do that for some reason. that's why i went with the mazdaspeed cold air intake. it's the only intake on the market that not only gives you higher hp at the crank, but higher hp at the wheels as well

and since the intake filter goes right up towards the driver's side wheel, both wheels end up with the same amount of wheel hp. when the car is stock the drivers side ends up with juuuuuust a little more power than the passenger side. but when the cai starts sucking up all the air close to that wheel, it starts sucking up the hp too. so once it gets a little bit of hp away from the driver's side wheel, it ends up redistributing it to both wheels equally in a perpetual equalibrium of power

^what...that makes absolutely no sense
if you make more hp to the crank, then u make more hp to the wheels, there is a set formula for drivetrain loss
it doesnt fluctuate (except from car to car) on the same car, there is absolutely no way, you could have more crank HP and less whp

^what...that makes absolutely no sense
if you make more hp to the crank, then u make more hp to the wheels, there is a set formula for drivetrain loss
it doesnt fluctuate (except from car to car) on the same car, there is absolutely no way, you could have more crank HP and less whp
You should take his post more seriously next time.

Way back when I cared about my car we had a dyno day with 3 MS3's that showed. One bone stock and 2 with Cobb SRI's. The stock car put down 230/260. The 2 SRI cars put down 245/300. YMMV

agree with justanothermp5 . it sounds too long winded to be sarcastic. we can only hope and pray that it was though.

you have an sri? that sucks cuz you actually put down less hp to the wheels even though you have more hp to the crank

its really weird, i know, but the sri's do that for some reason. that's why i went with the mazdaspeed cold air intake. it's the only intake on the market that not only gives you higher hp at the crank, but higher hp at the wheels as well

and since the intake filter goes right up towards the driver's side wheel, both wheels end up with the same amount of wheel hp. when the car is stock the drivers side ends up with juuuuuust a little more power than the passenger side. but when the cai starts sucking up all the air close to that wheel, it starts sucking up the hp too. so once it gets a little bit of hp away from the driver's side wheel, it ends up redistributing it to both wheels equally in a perpetual equalibrium of power

quoted because this epic post needed restated. i think if OaklandOpen was ever actually serious, I wouldn't believe him. I mean this guy gives awesome info and is knowledgeable, but so goddam funny!

edit: i just laughed out loud, read all the posts, reread this and laughed out loud again!
edit2: now i'm dying with laughter

I find this thread very amusing, especially the "juuuuuust a little more power on the passenger side" part. lol, perpetual equilibrium of power. sorry guys but i've been up all night drinking patron and watching netflix.

^^^isn't netflix the cats knees?

And believe me, I'm no kain.

But I have become a bit of an asshole with my posts lately, almost like I feel there's nothing else to talk about with the gen1's

I have started being an ass on another forum as well just not this one LOL. I wont go into detail but people just dont use the search button anymore. I am not saying this thread poster didn't, just .... nevermind...... I LOL's too when I read your post.

^^^isn't netflix the cats knees?

And believe me, I'm no kain.

But I have become a bit of an asshole with my posts lately, almost like I feel there's nothing else to talk about with the gen1's

Wait till the 1st gens have been out longer and younger kids get them when they're like 5 years old. You'll get to deal with all the bulls*** I've been seeing in the Protege sections...

Just had my 2009 MGM speed 3 dyno at 248hp and 262tq. Stock with 2400 miles. A friend dyno'd with me and put down 261hp and 291tq with intake and catback exhaust.

1st mods ordered. Trz rmm, pg full intake and jb short shift plate. Hoping to have them before Thursday as I am getting the 2nd cat removed and getting another dyno.

Back