Airbag Indicator Light

nuwan

Dear All,

I'm new to this forum and just bought used Mazda Axela 2005 model

I've suddenly noticed that airbag light is ON and couldn't figure out why. The light was not blinking it kept ON continuously

I think it's the driver airbag indicator (its the one coming in dashboard right above driver seatbelt indicator light) if not can someone help me to identify which airbag this indicates. I don't have the manual to check this

After few hours the light went OFF. Can someone please help me to identify what has gone wrong in my SRS/Airbag ??

You will need a shop with a proper SRS scanner to diagnose the problem. Has it been on since you bought the car or did it just come on?

It just came ON it was not the case when I bought the car

Now it's not ON it went OFF and never came back for about a day now and I hope it stays the same (confused)

Another thing is I took the car to an average repair shop and the mechanic couldn't find the wire/interface to plug the scanner unit

He checked the area under the steering wheel but couldn't find it.

Can some one please tell me where this is located ?

Dear All,

Can someone please give me some information if you've experienced the same I'm still trying to find out where the scanner plug/socket is located ?

Cheers

Nuwan

My airbag light is illuminated constanstly as well. I just noticed that the wires are not connected to the front crash sensor. Does anyone know how to properly connect the wires to the crash sensor?

Back