Possible CX-7 in our future

Looks like the used route is gonna be the best way for us.
We haven't found a scenario that matches the payments on the used.
Unless we wanted to put 5 grand down on a NEW $25K car; in that scenario of a 20%, 20K min loan could have gotten us a longer term AND low enough interest rate that the payment is near enough to the Used scenario payment. However, if I put 20% down on a vehicle worth 20K I only finance $16K, we don't get the 6 yr term and the payment goes up $100/month.

So in the end, the numbers made the decision for us.
We get a balance of 1yr/15K mile warranty we can optionally extend and a longer term powertrain warranty. Car is easily valued at over $19K

Its looking like tuesday will be next available date for us to try and do pickup.
Apparently they have to transact before 4pm on a day the RMV is open and they are closed this holiday weekend.

We're both totally psyched!
Already gathering the short list of 1st mods.

-Rock blockers and protective films after 1st good clean and wax.
-Might remove push bar (or might wait till spring) and/or dash stickers.
-Fluids change, plugs
-LED interior lights and maybe a different shift knob.

-CAI! BOV! and I am pushing for the Autoexe drop springs (saw a used set FS), then a DP, straight pipe/cat delete and reflash!
Hmmm what else? boost control and a better WG? SNOWS! I am like a kid in a candy shop!

She wants a Mazda key chain and the rear bumper guard, the all weather floor mats, the cargo tray, then maybe the spoiler, and a roof rack and foglights.

I am fully expecting us to bring it to the shows (thumb)

Attachments

• cx7.jpg
    cx7.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 65
  • cx7-2.jpg
    cx7-2.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 65
  • cx7-1.jpg
    cx7-1.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 57
Good choice! My dad loves his and I have been trying to get my wife interested in them.. She has the Infinity FX35 stuck on her brain.

Congrats Dan! Hey, if you decide to take off the push bar, I'll take it and find a way to mount it on my wife's 3! lol People here park like idiots on the street!

A very impressive mod list you have going, I like it. Only thing I would change is using rockblocker....I had their fog overlays and thought they sucked.

Congrats Dan! Hey, if you decide to take off the push bar, I'll take it and find a way to mount it on my wife's 3! lol People here park like idiots on the street!

A very impressive mod list you have going, I like it. Only thing I would change is using rockblocker....I had their fog overlays and thought they sucked.

I have Lamin-X film that is extra thick, not sure if thats the same as the rockblocker but it has worked for me so far.

IMO the rockblocker was thin (compared to my current Expel overlays). That and they had burn marks within months of installing them. I still run my fogs with the Expels and have yet to see anytype of burn marks. I have no experience with lamin-x but keep hearing good things about it. That would be my recommendation.

Autoexe stuff is really expensive, but it is good stuff.

CP-E can be expensive but quality is there as well.

(wow) ya dano, you'll be robbing banks to purchase that stuff!!!
so whats the latest?

Hola Zoom Zoomers!! This is my first post, as now I am the proud owner of a beautiful Copper Red Mica CX 7!! Yay!
Went out to Shrewsbury to pick it up, gave it a good last look over and drove my new baby home. I was sooo happy to have a nice long drive to be able to break it in. I fell even more in love with the way it handled and the how comfortable the seat was. Of course everything was going far too well for my luck; when we pulled into our drive way the driver's side window did not want to go up :(
We'll be taking it to Cape Cod Mazda in the morning to check it out. Luckily, it's still under warranty!
Has anyone encoutered this as an issue with the CX 7??

Latest posts

Back