tunersteve's 2011 Mustang GT thread

tunersteve

Contributor
:
2011 Mustang GT
As some of you know, I've been very committed to getting a Mustang. Before I bought my MS6, I almost ended up with a 2008 Bullitt, but couldn't get the dealers to negotiate anything under a few grand over sticker.

I recently put the MS6 back to stock, and waited for all the bugs to work out with the new 5.0 engine and powertrain, and tonight I finally put the order in.

2011 Mustang GT Premium-Kona Blue metallic
-401A Premier Trim (black/cashmere stripe seats)
-6-speed manual trans.
-3.73 rear axle
-Brembo brake package (19" wheels, recalibrated ESC/steering, 14" brakes)
-HID headlamps
-Security package (active anti-theft, wheel locks)
-Comfort package (heated seats, power pass. seat)
-spoiler delete

Order was placed on 8/16/10. Next step is to recieve the VIN and tentative build date from the dealer. I have created this thread to keep everyone informed of my progress and plans for the vehicle. I intend to set up the suspension for NASA HPDE and eventually some time trial action.

The dealer has strict instructions that once it arrives it's to be prepped mechanically, and nothing more. I will remove the plastic and stickers once I get there and make sure no one has driven it other than those who were taking it off the trailer and parking it.

The car arrived on 9/15/10, and I took delivery of it on 9/17 with 7 miles on the odometer.

So far, the car has the following done:

-Corsa Extreme axle-back
-Corsa XO-pipe (X-pipe)
-Steeda Tri-Ax shifter
-2010 black chrome pony
-Hoen Xenonmatch fog light bulbs
-GT500 rear diffuser
-GT500 Alcantara shift boot

Last edited:
The new camaros are gross beyond description, the look like a child's toy. Dodge and Ford knew what they were doing with the challenger and Mustang, Chevy simply dropped the ball with the Camaro... And yet I still see them everywhere :(

we dropped my wifes focus off at the dealership to get checked out while i was waiting I was scoping out the new 5.0's and i like it they had 2 with rims and stripes i like the mustangs again

I've had the chance to drive the Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang on factory proving grounds and autocross tracks, and the Mustang, even with the live axle, is the most nimble and easiest to maneuver of the bunch. I like the styling of the Challenger, but the Camaro is starting to wear on me. It needs an axle upgrade and a better suspension to really make it compete. The big motor can only do so much.

Fun times, I ordered the miata the same way last year for the wife. The wait sucks but in the end it is worth it. Nice choice by the way....

Got a call from the dealer today with my scheduled build date and VIN. Car is scheduled to be built the week of 9/6. I may also get the chance to see the car and tour AAI, as well as watch it be built. Very cool stuff.

I'm surprised how fast I got a VIN and how quick the turnaround is for a build date. I'll keep you posted on other developments.

guess its a good thing you didnt get that bullit lol would have been kicking yourself in the ass this year for not having that 5.0 hehe

I feel for those who bought a 2010 Mustang...it pays to be informed!!

guess its a good thing you didnt get that bullit lol would have been kicking yourself in the ass this year for not having that 5.0 hehe

I feel for those who bought a 2010 Mustang...it pays to be informed!!

Yeah, although I still don't think I would have been disappointed knowing that this was coming out. Even the 2010s aren't bad, but the 2011 engine and 6-speed trans make it such a fun car to drive.

Back