Remote Start Programmability?

badself

Hey everybody,

I just got the TSB done for the remote start. Now, the HVAC controls come on and stay on once the engine is remotely started. One question. I remember a while back somebody stating they were able to get the dealer to reprogram their remote start to a 20 or 30 minue interval, not just the 10 minute default interval set at the factory. My tech was pretty thorough, but he couldn't find any information on this. He even called Mazda tech support, to no avail. When he hooked up the computer to the car, he said there were no such options in the vehicle personality profile.

Has any forum member been able to get the dealer to extend the run interval for their remote start? If so, what did it involve? The tech said if I come up with anything concrete, he'd be happy to do it for me.

He also did the TSB intended to remedy the strut squeak going over bumps. It involved taking down both struts, replacing upper and lower bushings for the strut ends, and realignment of the front end. Twenty-seven months and 27,000 miles since the problem materialized, the front end strut squeak is finally silenced. Good as this guy was, had I not researched the TSB myself, chances are he would have never found it or applied it.

He also replaced both front brake rotors that were hopelessly warped. This was the third Mazda dealer to work on my CX-9. When I took it in, I wasn't holding out much hope. But for once, things worked out.

Yes, you can set either 10 minutes (default) or 15 minutes.
I will scan the instruction and post here on Monday.

Here is instruction to extend Remote Start run-time from 10 minutes to 15 minutes. I am not sure how to switch back because I didn't see where saying that.

Attachments

• Run Time.pdf
    105.5 KB · Views: 596
Here is instruction to extend Remote Start run-time from 10 minutes to 15 minutes. I am not sure how to switch back because I didn't see where saying that.

Sorry, but I'm not getting anywhere with these instructions. They refer to a programming button to be pressed for various amounts of time in conjunction with pressing the brake pedal. I assumed they were talking about the transmitter, but they are not. Pressing the transmitter is mentioned much later in these instructions.

Nguvanh, have you been able to accomplish the extended run time using these directions? If so, can you please clarify the instructions?

Thank you.

I actually haven't done this. However, I know where the programming button usually is. It should be near the top of driver side kick panel cover.

Attachments

• Programming Button.pdf
    54.3 KB · Views: 414
I have followed the instruction and now the run time is about 15 minutes.
At step "n", when you push remote start button, you won't hear anything, but it works.
I guess if you push twice, it will go back to 10 minutes.

Back