Official ATX to MTX swap parts list with how-to

You don't ground it, you hard wire it directly into the dash harness because the tiptronic P5's don't have the connector for the manual neutral safety switch, that should be your only problem.

The switch was installed on the transmission and really straightforward to put in. I'm manual swapped now, but I don't know how to get the shift interlock cable out without activating the interlock.

How did you wire it? Im about to do a swap and I noticed my auto doesnt have the connectors for the two switches on the clutch pedal either. Im guesing one wire from ignition to switch and one from the switch to the starter correct? Then what is the other switch with small wires for? Cruise control? Someone help please!!!!

My last post was in regards to the post which stated the car had no connectors for the clutch switches. I have this same problem and dont want to swap the dash harness.

I didn't swap dash harnesses. I took and engine and trans from an 02 w/o ABS and put them into an 02 w/ ABS.. The engine harness went through the firewall to connect to the ECU, clutch switch, and fuel level sensor

Last edited:
Yes thats exactly what im doing non abs to abs but im mainly concerned about the.clutch wires. So it says the.two connectors for the clutch are on the engine harness?

Can you guys please read the whole post. I have the harness. I need to know what to do about the clutch switch connectors which are not in the dash of the auto lx which will be receiving the engine. I do not need a manual harness as the clutch ignition interlock connectors are not part of the harness. They are in the dash.

What do you mean the clutch ignition interlock connectors are in the dash? I'm almost certain they are on the engine wiring harness. Can you post a source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any sources. I pulled all the parts myself and I guaranty you they are not there man. Maybe manufacturing process changed or something but the connectors are on the dash harness.

I snapped this photo a while back... Idk if its of use to you, but this is how the connectors line up in my car. I think the thick wire in the background with the off-white clip runs to the passenger side. Clutch switch is the one in the bottom right.

https://imgur.com/a/xGC8D

If I traced my clutch switch wiring back would that help? I'm sure if I take the seat out I could see more.

Last edited:
I traced the wires on my mtx donor car and the switches go into a wire loom which runs through the dash. This loom eventually runs to the passenger foot well and then connects to the engine harness. I have compared both wire harnesses (atx and mtx) and found that there are a few wires that don't match. In order to wire up my clutch I'd have to change over the whole wire loom behind the dash or at least gut the old one and make my own wire harness. Instead I'm gonna install a push button for the starter and bypass the interlock.

OK guys, I have an 02 p5 automatic with the tiptronic tranny, I also have an 02 donor car with the 5 speed. I have everything swapped over, manual starter harness and motor harness installed, I also do not have the two connectors for the clutch switch, also there's two connectors near the ecu that don't match up....would it just be easier to swap out the whole dash?

Swapping the dash harness looks a lot harder than the engine harness....way more complicated...if I can I would just like to splice in the plug wires

Latest posts

Back