Stumble, misfire, no power under load issue.

I fixed the pile of crap!!!!!! It turns out that it was the MAf that was on the way out. I honestly think it was going out slowly over the last 2 years... The car has NEVER pulled that good EVER!!!! I think I might just keep it now!

Thankfully a friend/forum member did me the favor of meeting me at my house and letting me try his MAF on my car! Thanks again Ruben!

im glad you got her fixed man. I hate to see active forum members selling their cars and moving on to something different.

mine seems to have the same problem. It's all stock, and I just assumed that it was the fuel cut everyone was talking about...the problem seems to be much worse when the air is heavier, and/or super humid like it has been in MO for the past few weeks.

Yes, but the car could be getting into boost and losing power. My car on a real hot day if I go to pass something and my RPMS are not high and the car goes into boost the wideband goes straight to 10.0 and the car falls on its face.... But he has a boost gauge he would be able to see what the car is boosting and if it was over boosting and stuff im just saying, its so easy to check why not check it....

My car does the exact same thing! If it's hot outside, under load the car absolutely s**** itself. I swear to God last week I was experiencing this problem then a cold front (due to a thunder storm) moved in a few hours later and the car drove great again. It's frustrating and mind boggling.

Oh by the way. I just put a brand new MAF in 3 weeks ago. Didn't help the problem.

My car is running like this too, and MO has been VERY humid so heat soak definately plays a role. Im replacing my turbo to manifold studs today cause the little bastartds vibrated loose (big job for 4 bolts) and im going to try to clean my egr while im at it. The last time i tried I couldnt get the 12mm bolts off....even when i had the IM off. But I'm glad you got yours fixed, now i need to fix mine.

Back