Updated rear suspension piece for excessive tire wear

madsedan

I was talking to my local dealer, compaining about having to put on our 6th or 7th set of tires due to wear on the inside because of the rear camber issue and he told me he thought they had a fix.
He called Mazda NA and called me back 10 minuites later telling me they had a revised upper arm piece that adjusted camber, supposed to help with the tire wear issue, no part number but they are $175 each if I remember correctly.

Anyone heard abotu this yet?

i believe the part is from the 08+ models, but not 100% sure.

Jason at onlinemazdaparts.com seems to always have the answers, and he's more than willing to help. just have to give him a call, or shoot him an email.

why don't you just buy an aftermarket camber kit for the 5? Wicked makes a cheap one I think I saw one on ebay for like 100 bucks...it'a adjustable so any alignment shop should be able to adjust it....I got SPCs on mine, kinda of a pain to adjust if you're the alignment guy, but then again that's what he's getting paid to do....(couch)

I was talking to my local dealer, compaining about having to put on our 6th or 7th set of tires due to wear on the inside because of the rear camber issue and he told me he thought they had a fix.
He called Mazda NA and called me back 10 minuites later telling me they had a revised upper arm piece that adjusted camber, supposed to help with the tire wear issue, no part number but they are $175 each if I remember correctly.

My 08 does not have the tire wear issues....so far. 28,000 miles so maybe that fix is the fix?

I rotated my tires last night on our 5. Both the tires and the car have 18,000 miles on them. I first rotated at about 8,000-9,000 miles and now at 18,000. I have 215s on it and have no abnormal tire wear at all. I have no idea whether the size of the tire helps or hurts, but my '09 doesn't have an issue.

Ditto what others have said about the 2008+. I rotated my tires about a month or two ago. The fronts were worn a couple 32's more than the rear, but there was definitely no abnormal inner tread wear on the rears.

That would be the mazdaspeed3 camber link kit, the SPC adjustable camber kit is much more cheaper.

Does anyone have pics of this.... old part vs new part??? The way the vehicle sits???

Back