Lower Ball Joint BUMMPPYY

Protege17

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3
replacing the lower ball joint on a 2003 protege, is the lower arm and ball joint all one peice or can the ball joint be pushed out and a new one pushed back in. help me out.

i have the tire off, have the hub off, have everything off just need to know where the part is at and can it be done.

It's all 1 piece. The ball joint cannot be replaced individually on the oem lower control arm. If you need a replacement, go to www.rockauto.com

There is some one on these forums fabricating lower control arms with replaceable ball joints, tho. A quick forum search should find the thread.

So wait i cant even use a lower ball joint puller and put a new one in???? so no one on here has tried this. hmmm i find it hard to believe that i would have to buy a whole new assembly

So wait i cant even use a lower ball joint puller and put a new one in???? so no one on here has tried this. hmmm i find it hard to believe that i would have to buy a whole new assembly

Promise. People have tried, it's sealed from the factory and you the way they press it makes it impossible to press a new ball joint in; although pressing the old joint out is easy. Go ahead and try. If you search the forums, you can read a lot of info on the subject and why Mazda is gay for doing this.

yeah i searched all over last night and ur right. thanks, how hard is it to take the lower arm off. any special way of doing it???

Back