To Tech Package or not To Tech Package

kidhaulin3

:
Mazda3 S Hatch
Im very close to purchasing a '10 ms3.
Is the tech package worth the money? Is the bose that good? Is the navi decent?
Who didnt get the tech and regrets it?

Also whats that hole under the Mazda logo on the hatch? Looks like a rear view camera?

Thanks for any input :)

Couldn't say about the whole tech package. I have the Bose and it seems nice. Don't know if it's really worth the price though.

The "hole" on the hatch is actually the button to release the hatch so you can open it.

IMO i would get the Tech Package..i mean common if ur gonna buy a brand new speed3 u might as well go big or go home. To me it was worth the money. Bose system is great and Navi is not bad and is out of the way. Other than that its great to not have to take my keys out of my pocket to open the doors and hatch.

i hate the buttons on the back light and doors for keyless entry, they look weird. i never use a nav... ever so i don't need that. and i think the stock speakers are great so no need for the bose. you can obv see where i'm going. take that 1000 bucks and buy and intake, test pipe, motor mount, short shifter, and whatever else you want with the extra.

I'm in the same boat..... tech or no tech.

Any other opinions?

I just have a reg 3, but the tech package only sounded good before I actually bought my car. Yeah the keyless ignition and bose system seemed like a nice feature, but I've heard the bose system actually isn't that great. I wouldn't use Nav cause I have it on my phone, and prefer it that way. So for me, not having to have to use my key isn't justifiable for $1k.

Do it! Nav is just about as great as any factory Nav has been (which = fair), but everything else is pretty nice.

I opted to pass on the Tech Pkg. The Bose stereo really wasn't all that and I found the nav a bit cumbersome compared to my Garmin. Which honestly I know my way around town well enough I really don't need one and if I do the Garmin suites me just fine. Keyless entry was cool though, but still I decided to save the cash and keep my payments a bit lower.

One reason among many that we got the tech package was that the mono white screen looked weird with all the other red backlighting. At least the navi screen is multi colored. And my old Tom Tom didn't like to stay suctioned to the windshield. Plus having built in nav is one less thing to worry about.

Another cool feature (I don't know if non-tech package cars do this or not) is that a different seat memory position can be tied to each fob so that when I walk up to the car and open the door the seat will adjust to my position automatically. Don't need to even hit the memory button on the side of the seat. Very useful feature for me since I'm 6'-1" and my partner is 5'-2"

In 2010 the bose only came as a part of a seperate package called the BOSE/ MOONROOF package for $1395 - the tech pack was seperate and gave you the Navi, Sirius , Advanced Keyless , perimeter alarm and one other thing ---but in 2011 its the Bose,Sirius, Xenons,APS ,Rear Leds , Auto wipers , auto headlights ---wish they had not played with the extras because if you get the GT theres only one package the TECH for $1895 and if you get the sport , you choose from one Bose/Moonroof and or the TECH package ---confusing --because the roof is standard on the GT's now --

Like I was telling kidhaulin3 the TECH is different in 2011 and its a stand alone for the GT package trim and on the sport its either a second package if you get the Bose/Moonroof first then you can get the Tech ...so it really is confusing this year because is contingent upon more than just the items you get , its also a question of do you have the sport or the GT and if only the sport do you want to buy 2 packages just to get the tech ??? tricky ickee

One reason among many that we got the tech package was that the mono white screen looked weird with all the other red backlighting. At least the navi screen is multi colored. And my old Tom Tom didn't like to stay suctioned to the windshield. Plus having built in nav is one less thing to worry about.

Another cool feature (I don't know if non-tech package cars do this or not) is that a different seat memory position can be tied to each fob so that when I walk up to the car and open the door the seat will adjust to my position automatically. Don't need to even hit the memory button on the side of the seat. Very useful feature for me since I'm 6'-1" and my partner is 5'-2"

what happends if both of you get in the car with your FOB's in your pocket?

It responds to whichever fob was outside the driver's door. It knows where the fobs are in relation to the car.

Back