Corksport Power Series Intake

I was trying to find info on this as well but I couldnt get anywhere. So I bought the cp-e nano and a PG inlet.

I think the MS3 guys who have this like it. I saw only a few posts, but all were positive.

This is probably going to be one of my mods this summer. Instead of choosing a TIP for my SRI, I'm just going to sell the SRI and get this unit. When it's all said and done, it'll probably be about the same price.

Sub'ed.

-Jay

Was thinking about doing this as well. At least possibly changing over to the SRI from my CAI. Figured living in Vegas, trying to grab as much cold air as possible would help, but the streets are so hot I doubt it makes much of a difference.

I just installed this last night. Let me know if there is anything you guys want to know. It will be another day or two before I have much in the way of driving impressions. Giving it a few miles before I really go at it.

Quality wise it seemed pretty nice. I don't have anything to compare it to really, but construction and materials were solid. I had no issues with extra chunks of material or whatever from the welds inside teh TIP like a few have reported. The MAF housing was very nicely machined.

Installation wasn't too bad. I will say this was basically the first mod I have ever done to any car, so I'm a newb no doubt about it. Hardest part was getting into some of the tight spaces, combined with the fact that I didn't quite have all the right tools. Make sure you have a 10mm DEEP socket for tightening all the clamps. I ended up using a wrench and took about 10 minutes each it seemed like. The TIP was a really tight fit and I ended up shaving just a little off of the battery tray where the tie down rod hooks around because it was hitting the pipe. Otherwise pretty straight forward and the instructions were complete.

I will update later once I get some more miles on it. I also still have to remove the lower airbox.

Sounds good man glad someone will be posting about this piece.. I am really interested in hearing more about how things go after you have put miles on it.. If you have driven your car alot before the mod I would assume that you could instantly feel the difference in the two..

try to grab a sound clip video of it??

Well I just got paid today and pulled the trigger on the intake.. Black MAF, black couplers.. Should have it middle of next week and I will write a review on it..

I've had this combo for more than a year and just recently with the cold air box. I think it's the best setup for the price. You won't be disappointed that's for sure!

Corksport was out of the black silicone until June 4th so I just had them make it with the RED.. Should look good in the engine bay I hope..

can u post pics of the cold air box. i've been curious if it would fit on my PG intake.

I don't think it will. It was specifically designed for the CS intake. They did however make one for the COBB, but I think that was only for the MS3. I could be wrong...

can u post pics of the cold air box. i've been curious if it would fit on my PG intake.

I took a look at the PG intake on their webpage and it looks like it would be close to fitting. The only way to know for sure would be to try one out.

I dont know of anyone locally who has one to look at.

-Derrick

This is probably a question to Derrick, but maybe someone here knows. It appears the Corksport system does not have any mounts to support the SRI section - is this correct? The CPE Nano includes a mounting to support it. Not sure if this matters or if it is needed, just wanted to see if their was any feedback on this.

Thanks,

This is probably a question to Derrick, but maybe someone here knows. It appears the Corksport system does not have any mounts to support the SRI section - is this correct? The CPE Nano includes a mounting to support it. Not sure if this matters or if it is needed, just wanted to see if their was any feedback on this.

Thanks,

We support the intake back further on the turbo inlet pipe. There is a bracket that goes to the original TIP mounting point on the motor.

-Derrick

Any idea on the gains from this on a stock car? The Corksport website lists the gains on a car with a down pipe and a cat back...

I dont have a dyno sheet with just the intake on a car available. I will see if an opportunity comes up.

Derrick

I just ordered one, ill let you know if i think its WTFBBQPWNS over my fucati cai its replacing. im more interested in throttle response and power under the curve then peak power.

Also nice that it will be easier to maintain then a CAI.

Back