P5 alarm upgrade

Matt V

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
I have the Mazda upgraded alarm in my car and I want to remove it. Will I have any issues if I unplug everything and just take it all out or will my car not start?

I've asked about this many times but no one seems to know the answer when it comes to the factory alarm system.

I am wondering the same thing I have the alarm where you have to hit unlock twice on the remote, it doesn't work if you hit the door unlock in the car, so if the battery in my remote dies I am screwed. I have heard some stories about people with other cars having big problems trying to take their security system out.

id love to remove mine too!

my alarm will go off if i use the key to unlock the passenger door, but not the back or driver door. that happen to anyone else?

My issue is that it was working just fine but whenever I take off my negative battery terminal and put it back on, it's automatically activated and the key fob/door lock twist trick doesn't work for me.

Also, when it activates the second I put the terminal back on, it will go into alarm mode when I open the door (red indicator blinking really fast) so I have to take off the terminal again so it turns off. The panic button underneath the steering wheel doesn't do anything. Here is a pic of the harness I found:

attachment.php

I would love to have those instructions so I could do the reverse process to remove everything. I'm trying to look at that picture and match each connector up with mine.

I unplugged the majority of the harnesses and put them back into the factory plugs from the factory harness but I have the issue of not being able to start my car.

mine does the same. if i unplug the battery then put the neg back on, once i open a door the alarm will go off and i need to use the fob to shut it off. cant use the door locks or start the car to shut it off. you say there is a panic button under the steering column? i need to check that out in the morning

I successfully removed the alarm! Here is how to do it:

Get down to the pedal area, you will see a module with "vehicle security system" on it. There are 3 connectors plugged into it, disconnect these. Look up at the top left corner and you will see 3 plugs that are wired into the same harness the 3 connectors you just removed are wired in, remove those. If you look you will see the 3 connectors that belong where you just removed the other ones, plug them in (you can't mess up, they are all different connectors).

Now, look underneath more near the steering wheel. There is a small black box with a white knob on it. This is the shock sensor. Unplug the small connector on the sensor, then look at the harness path and you'll notice a plug that goes right near the steering wheel. Unplug this and replace it with the factory plug that's attached to the factory harness. Once I did this, there was one wire from the upgraded harness going under the steering wheel that I couldn't access, so I just looped up the harness with zip ties and tucked it into a secure area.

Once you unplug all of this and replace it with their original OE connectors, your keyfob will still work but you won't have an annoying alarm to deal with anymore.

I successfully removed the alarm! Here is how to do it:

Get down to the pedal area, you will see a module with "vehicle security system" on it. There are 3 connectors plugged into it, disconnect these. Look up at the top left corner and you will see 3 plugs that are wired into the same harness the 3 connectors you just removed are wired in, remove those. If you look you will see the 3 connectors that belong where you just removed the other ones, plug them in (you can't mess up, they are all different connectors).

Now, look underneath more near the steering wheel. There is a small black box with a white knob on it. This is the shock sensor. Unplug the small connector on the sensor, then look at the harness path and you'll notice a plug that goes right near the steering wheel. Unplug this and replace it with the factory plug that's attached to the factory harness. Once I did this, there was one wire from the upgraded harness going under the steering wheel that I couldn't access, so I just looped up the harness with zip ties and tucked it into a secure area.

Once you unplug all of this and replace it with their original OE connectors, your keyfob will still work but you won't have an annoying alarm to deal with anymore.

i will be checking this out tomorrow morning! awesome job again matt. see you cant get rid of the p5

Back