Sedan Headlights on P5

No, you have to use the relay because the P5 uses negative switching and the sedan dies not. This is why they used the relay. Follow that diagram and it will fix you right up.

both cars use ground switching. the big difference is the pro5 keeps the low beams ON when you switch to the high beams. the sedan turns the low beams off.

Yeah it sounds like it. Do I just need to tap a power source for the high beams?

to install sedan lights on a pro5 you NEED to run a relay to turn the low beams off.

attached is a post that i saved when i had this mod.

Attachments

• MSP lights on P5.pdf
    277.2 KB · Views: 562
anyone have pics of the two different headlights side by side? i need new headlights cause of an accident and i'm trying to decide what to do for new ones

so i got into an accident and need at least one new headlight possibly two headlights so i was considering switching to sedan headlights since they are far cheaper. My only worry is the wiring, if i can find a sedan with the wiring can i pull that and install it into the p5 to make it work or do i still need to make my own wiring or would doing an hid kit like this:http://www.hidxenonheadlights.com/Mazda-Protege-HID-Kits/ be a better option? cause all the wiring posted a few posts up is almost $70 but HID kits are only around $80 and if i do that then I don't need to do the other wiring right?

so i got into an accident and need at least one new headlight possibly two headlights so i was considering switching to sedan headlights since they are far cheaper. My only worry is the wiring, if i can find a sedan with the wiring can i pull that and install it into the p5 to make it work or do i still need to make my own wiring or would doing an hid kit like thisbe a better option? cause all the wiring posted a few posts up is almost $70 but HID kits are only around $80 and if i do that then I don't need to do the other wiring right?

you can get a lot cheaper than 80$ now..try MF or ddm

Last edited:
Does anyone have the process for removing the Headlight assemblies on a P5?

1. It'll require removing the bumper first:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123782943-How-To-Bumper-Removal-for-Protege5-w-pics!!!

2. Remove the clips on the crash bar, you can't remove the headlights with these in the way.

3. Remove the 3 bolts holding on the headlights, there is one on top, and one of the left and right side. Also remove the low beam, high beam, and turn signal plugs.

headlightclips.jpg

Thank you.

Will remove the bumper. I just bought HID lights. Weird thing is the High beams are empty, like I'm suppose to use stock

1. It'll require removing the bumper first:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123782943-How-To-Bumper-Removal-for-Protege5-w-pics!!!

2. Remove the clips on the crash bar, you can't remove the headlights with these in the way.

3. Remove the 3 bolts holding on the headlights, there is one on top, and one of the left and right side. Also remove the low beam, high beam, and turn signal plugs.

headlightclips.jpg

Back