Subwoofer install pics

I'll update with my spare tire well box. Since the Stereo Integrity BM mkIII I used is only 3.5" deep, I was able to just build an MDF box that sat on the spare tire hump. The box is 0.5 ft^3, so you could definitely get a nice sized fiberglass box in the spare tire well.

sparethreadpostgroundoffanddynamatted.jpg

recoveredinensolite.jpg

done.jpg

2011-05-30_17-15-34_757.jpg

coverfitsperfect.jpg

I understand i am bumping this thread from a while ago but that sub box looks very nice. I'm semi-surprised I haven't seen anyone fiberglass a sub into the spare tire well. You could probably fit a really nice 12" in there that pounds like crazy without losing space.

Thanks, the biggest challenge is keeping the box in there. It is top heavy and pops out once in a while. I have had decent success with Velcro.

Circuit, that is a damn clean setup!! Very nice.

Cant see the pics @ work, however fibreglass boxes really limit the sound potental of a subwoofer as they cant hold as much pressure. 1" MDF are for those who are serious at heart. Ill take a pic of my 12w7 in a HO box with a box of 6x2" tweeters. No space in the trunk but an unforgettable sound

Cant see the pics @ work, however fibreglass boxes really limit the sound potental of a subwoofer as they cant hold as much pressure. 1" MDF are for those who are serious at heart. Ill take a pic of my 12w7 in a HO box with a box of 6x2" tweeters. No space in the trunk but an unforgettable sound

Fiberglass can be just as strong as MDF, especially in round sections. You can also build it up to over 3/4" thick with no worries of it flexing.

lol. most new cars dont come with spares anymore. a can of fix a flat and aaa card is what i used.

this is inspiring....I may either do this in the wheel hole, or do two fiberglass boxes in the trunk on the sides where the jack cover is, i may do a custom box on each side there.

How does that infinity sound? I just ran across those on amazon recently and they seem to have pretty good reviews. Is there a significant difference between that and the stock sub's that come in most cars these days? They look pretty beefy and infinity is a great name so I would imagine so.

i like my alpine type r 12 inch ported box at 35hz 1000 watt amp installed on drivers side of hatch alpine type s door speakers all around and a kenwood exelon headunit

Last edited:
Haha, that's awesome... never seen anyone try that before.

that was cool, definitely a unique idea. i still wanted some trunk space so i got rid of a 2 12 inch rockford fosgate set up i had in my xterra i sold and used money to buy 1 bad ass 12 with a ported box that matched power of amp i already had for the 2 12s still have about 2/3rds of my trunk

How does that infinity sound? I just ran across those on amazon recently and they seem to have pretty good reviews. Is there a significant difference between that and the stock sub's that come in most cars these days? They look pretty beefy and infinity is a great name so I would imagine so.

Honestly I was a bit disappointed in the sound output. I took the 12 from my other car and hooked it up.

Very nice! I just googled stealth subwoofer boxes for mazdaspeed 3 (after seeing this resurrection post) and your original install post came up in the search. Great job on the install, super clean!

Back