BTN Fuse Blowing

I have a slight problem with my MSP. I started the car today and it was fine but the radio wasn't working. I shut it off figuring if I turn it back on the radio might work. After shutting it off I tried to start it back up and there was nothing, the starter wasn't getting any power. I managed to get it started by rolling it and popping the clutch and it ran fine. I checked the fuses and all were good except the BTN fuse under the hood. It is a 40a fuse. I tried a new one only to have it instantly blow again. Right now the radio doesnt work and the alarm doesnt work. I know there has to be a short somewhere. I would like to know if anyone has had a similar problem or if anyone knows exactly what electronics are connected to this fuse so that I can remove them one by one to find my short?

im guessing you have to pull the car apart. that sucks, because with a blown fuse you cant even use a multimeter to make things a little easier.

maybe you could take it to a pro and get a quote, id imagine they want like 120 to fix that, but it might be worth it.

I found the problem, the rear window defroster must be bad and is blowing the fuse. Just figured I would post in case anyone else ever runs into the problem in the future.

Back