Visit TeamMFactory.com for the best Mazda transmission components!
Visit TeamMFactory.com for the best Mazda transmission components!

Thread: BTN Fuse Blowing

Registered Member duffbuster243's Avatar

BTN Fuse Blowing

I have a slight problem with my MSP. I started the car today and it was fine but the radio wasn't working. I shut it off figuring if I turn it back on the radio might work. After shutting it off I tried to start it back up and there was nothing, the starter wasn't getting any power. I managed to get it started by rolling it and popping the clutch and it ran fine. I checked the fuses and all were good except the BTN fuse under the hood. It is a 40a fuse. I tried a new one only to have it instantly blow again. Right now the radio doesnt work and the alarm doesnt work. I know there has to be a short somewhere. I would like to know if anyone has had a similar problem or if anyone knows exactly what electronics are connected to this fuse so that I can remove them one by one to find my short?
    Lazer Blue MSP #2500 Sold
    2002 Sunlight Silver Protege5 Auto Sold
    1990 White Turbocharged Miata
    2006 Titanium Mazda3s
    2003 Blazing Yellow MSP #249

im guessing you have to pull the car apart. that sucks, because with a blown fuse you cant even use a multimeter to make things a little easier.

maybe you could take it to a pro and get a quote, id imagine they want like 120 to fix that, but it might be worth it.
    titanium #129 - sold.
    "What do I think of success? It sucks, too much press, I'm stressed - Too much stares, two breasts, too upset. It's just too much mess. I guess I musta blew up quick, grew up quick, was raised right. Whatever you say is wrong, whatever I say is right"

Registered Member duffbuster243's Avatar

I found the problem, the rear window defroster must be bad and is blowing the fuse. Just figured I would post in case anyone else ever runs into the problem in the future.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

wow, howd you figure that out?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.