Anyone try to fit a CX-9 rear view camera and mirror?

twintrbo

As the title says I want to know if anyone has tried to adapt the kit. I have my 5 2 weeks and this thing has an awful blind spot! I just cant see where I am at all when parallel parking, which is almost every time in NYC. It looks like the same window mount for the mirror and there is a little indent by the hatch release where the camera would go. Also has anyone tried an aftermarket in-the-mirror lcd for this purpose? So many choices but who knows if its good, you know? Thanks guys!

How about the aftermarket ones that go the license plate frame? Sorry no experience with adapting a CX9 system. Too few on the roads or for many people to play with.

I looked into aftermarket but all the cheap ones are of questionable quality, I read bad reviews about an audiovox one in particular. Even worse are the companies you have to deal with for all the cheaper chinese products, so many consumer complaints. I really dont want to go through all the labor to install only to have it fail within a few months. I like the idea of a display in the mirror so obviously it has to be a decent mirror and you cant go wrong with OEM. The full CX-9 system appears to be just over $500 in parts and I'm sure its not an issue to find the right wires to retrofit. In fact the factory service manual has the wiring diagram for the home market system in the Premacy. I wish I could get the part numbers for that system! Anyone know if the wiring is there for it? Usually they have one harness and just use what they need.

Back