Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!

Thread: Airbag light and related code finally fixed

Registered Member

Airbag light and related code finally fixed

Over this past Summer, I did a collision restoration on a 2005 Mazda 3i 2.0. Along with replacing the driver's airbag, and I had the SRS module reset. The airbag light turned off, as promised by the company who reset the module. Unfortunately, however, the airbag light came back on about a week or two later. I had the airbag codes pulled, and code B1890 came up, which is "Passenger Airbag Deactivation ("PAD") lamp shorted to battery".

After checking the related electrical circuits and fuses, I figured that the module was at fault. I returned the module to the same company, and they cleared all of the codes again at no charge. After installing the module, the airbag light turned off for about a week. Then it turned on again. At this point, I was getting very frustrated. The company who reset my module recommended that I replace the PAD lamp holder. The bulb holder is such a simple connector that I almost disregarded the advice. However, I hit the local salvage yards today and brought one home. Here's the main point of the story: I noticed that the bulb in the holder from today is 5W; I've been using a 7W bulb, as most posts say that the PAD lamp bulb is the same as that of the glove box and trunk. I inserted the 5W bulb into the bulb holder, and it turned off my airbag light. Hopefully, this post will help those of you with the same airbag code.
    Last edited by mesa3; 02-27-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Registered Member

Well done I told you I'd reply to this