Turbo Rotary Mazda B2600i Minitruck Build!

I have a hard time believing that any rotary engine is capably of making 600 hp on a simple street port so that raises a red flag right there to me...

Personally, I think you are better off trying to find an engine that came out of a recently running car (they are for sale all the time on the rotary forums). It doesn't even have to be a perfect engine or even have low miles, you just need to know if it's been sitting and why it blew (if it blew). Just find an engine like that and have a well-known rotary building do the rebuild.

I have a hard time believing that any rotary engine is capably of making 600 hp on a simple street port so that raises a red flag right there to me...

Personally, I think you are better off trying to find an engine that came out of a recently running car (they are for sale all the time on the rotary forums). It doesn't even have to be a perfect engine or even have low miles, you just need to know if it's been sitting and why it blew (if it blew). Just find an engine like that and have a well-known rotary building do the rebuild.
the longblock i am looking at has a warranty and has a 100+psi compression on both rotors...

this is the direction i am leaning towards..

and the guy that said he had the rebuild will port to whatever specs i want and said he can build to upwards of 600whp.. sorry if i was unclear.

This is a sweet custom build!
Nice choice for a swap as well! (2thumbs)
thank you.

should be getting much more interesting once the engine is here an i can work on getting her running..

the longblock i am looking at has a warranty and has a 100+psi compression on both rotors...

this is the direction i am leaning towards..

and the guy that said he had the rebuild will port to whatever specs i want and said he can build to upwards of 600whp.. sorry if i was unclear.
Ah, that makes more sense then. He was probably talking about peripheral ports or something then.

Mind if I ask where your getting the longblock? I'm also looking for a turbo shortblock so I can do a moderate N/A build.

there is a seller/importer on a rx7 forum that i am getting it from.

his username is japn2la. all the research and asking around i have done has resulted in all good comments and his seller rating is through the roof..

looks like he has quality parts, and like i said, he guarantees his stuff..

its gonna be a little more than i wanted to spend, but i think its worth it to pay a little more for a quality product that i hopefully wont have to rebuild..

i guess we'll see when i get it in!

check the forums. there are several shortblocks for sale over there for a really good price, and that guy that had the ported one is selling that for a really good price..

check out clubrx7.com

check out clubrx7.com
You mean RX7Club? I rarely go there - atmosphere is too screwed up. A lot of the more respected (and knowledgeable) members started a new forum - Rotary Car Club (RCC). Either way, need to be careful mentioning other forums here...

I'll check him out.

ok, sorry about that. im used to a pretty relaxed atmosphere...

ya, its kinda like the HT of civic sites, but i have gotten a lot of useful info there, and its a huge site. their FS section is huge..

power steering box Q

just looking at the pics of the power steering box and I was wondering what year the truck was. I am having trouble finding a drop pitman arm for a 90 mazda b2200. I can only find these pitman arms for late 91 and up. Just wondering if the mounts for the power steering pump were the same

there is a seller/importer on a rx7 forum that i am getting it from.

his username is japn2la. all the research and asking around i have done has resulted in all good comments and his seller rating is through the roof..

looks like he has quality parts, and like i said, he guarantees his stuff..

its gonna be a little more than i wanted to spend, but i think its worth it to pay a little more for a quality product that i hopefully wont have to rebuild..

i guess we'll see when i get it in!

check the forums. there are several shortblocks for sale over there for a really good price, and that guy that had the ported one is selling that for a really good price..

check out clubrx7.com

Japan to LA seems to be a good guy on the forums. If I had to choose a place it would be him.

Derrick

just looking at the pics of the power steering box and I was wondering what year the truck was. I am having trouble finding a drop pitman arm for a 90 mazda b2200. I can only find these pitman arms for late 91 and up. Just wondering if the mounts for the power steering pump were the same
i believe all of the 88-92 b series trucks use the same mounting..

i will check on that for u. pm me if u are interested or whatever man..

Japan to LA seems to be a good guy on the forums. If I had to choose a place it would be him.

Derrick
ya, thats what i thought after a bit of research. seems he has some very quality parts and knows his s*** in and out..

thanks for the input. i appreciate it!

Last edited:
so i ordered my mounts. they are being custom made just for me. te guys said 8-14 days turnaround time, so hopefully i can get the engine ordered and here b4 the mounts come so i can start tackling some fitment issues..

just came across this thread...great work! love your truck.

i bought a '93 mighty max last year that i've been working on with a few friends:

looks great though man, this thread is very informative with all the pictures and writeups! keep it up!

so i ordered my mounts. they are being custom made just for me. te guys said 8-14 days turnaround time, so hopefully i can get the engine ordered and here b4 the mounts come so i can start tackling some fitment issues..

Who is building your mounts? I bought my truck with the 13B in it and the mounts are a little "Ghetto". When I get the engine out I plan on building new ones with the tig welder in the shop.

I am still torn though, either turbo or non turbo. I have a 13B turbo engine I could install in the shop and there is also a 4 port 13B which has a fresh rebuild. I have a holley manifold and carb at home I could slap on it to get it moving right away.

-Derrick

Who is building your mounts? I bought my truck with the 13B in it and the mounts are a little "Ghetto". When I get the engine out I plan on building new ones with the tig welder in the shop.

I am still torn though, either turbo or non turbo. I have a 13B turbo engine I could install in the shop and there is also a 4 port 13B which has a fresh rebuild. I have a holley manifold and carb at home I could slap on it to get it moving right away.

-Derrick
link to mounts... http://motivefab.com/products
waiting on them to be cut out..

just came across this thread...great work! love your truck.

i bought a '93 mighty max last year that i've been working on with a few friends:

looks great though man, this thread is very informative with all the pictures and writeups! keep it up!
ah man, i love mighty maxs!

my buddy is building a 4 door mighty max...

he took two single cabs and cut them in two and sectioned them together for a custom 4 door. ya, its gonna be badass...

ya, im trying to make a good writeup for people if they maybe want to do the same thing or need pictures to see what im talking aboiut..

*update* well, the engine i wanted is sold, so i have to wait til the 11th of march before the guy gets anymore in from japan, so i guess we will see in the meantime..

Hope to see your project & this thread continue for a long time...Love the updates...Thread STICKIED! :D

Hope to see your project & this thread continue for a long time...Love the updates...Thread STICKIED! :D
sweet!

thanks man, im working on it, but not everything is working in my favor at the monent..

hey, maybe u can source me a rhd steering box for my truck.....(yippy)

Try the Aussie Market. There have been S-Series Mazdas and Ford Couriers there all built on the Mazda chassis.

-Derrick

Back