thepope540's KLDE swap / build thread

im excited to hear how that longflow works for you. what you cooling it with?

Any videos of it running? HP 1/4 ? I always think about what it would be like to have a KL in the MSP.

Love the KL-in-a-Protege idea! I used to have a 95 Probe GT with a Greddy exhaust on it and the note was positively seductive! Looking forward to completed pics and possible sound/video clips.

Love the KL-in-a-Protege idea! I used to have a 95 Probe GT with a Greddy exhaust on it and the note was positively seductive! Looking forward to completed pics and possible sound/video clips.

u should do the swap too yos lol

there are a few probes that have made hp numbers in the 300s with a stock block. youtube video search westpalmgt. just some motivation :thumbsup:

I drove her home! The tune is terrible, I still need to fab up some lower crossmembers, the clutch is slipping under boost, I need to make a test pipe, and there is a ton of cleaning and sorting to do - BUT I DROVE IT HOME!!!!! The wastegate is set for 8 psi so I'll be running a little more boost than I wanted to, but it should be fine once the tune is dialed in. I really happy with the MS. The car fired right up once I updated the firmware. It sounded aweful, but after a firmware update it defaults to settings for 8 cylinders - I'm shocked it ran at all. I'll post some pics once I give her a bath.

sounds great. it doesnt look like i will be useing the ms right away because my friend is taking summer classes so it is being put together really slow. but sounds like your car is gonna be a beast

Wow i did'nt even know this was going on. Great progress thus far. Glad to see the turbo fits nicely where it is meant to on the probe/mx6 cars too. This will be the next step for my ZE.

My question is why does you sig and first post say ZE? did you get a ZE and then go to a DE manifold for fitment?

Also, addressing your heat issue in your post on my swap thread, have you bought or thought about buying a turbine housing blanket for the turbo? That could help you greatly with the heat.

Wow i did'nt even know this was going on. Great progress thus far. Glad to see the turbo fits nicely where it is meant to on the probe/mx6 cars too. This will be the next step for my ZE.

My question is why does you sig and first post say ZE? did you get a ZE and then go to a DE manifold for fitment?

Also, addressing your heat issue in your post on my swap thread, have you bought or thought about buying a turbine housing blanket for the turbo? That could help you greatly with the heat.

I bought 2 mx6s and after I put one of the motors in my car I found that it was a ZE. It has a DE manifold on it so I never thought otherwise. I didn't realize what I had until I pulled the mani to install my injectors. Id like to eventually get my hands on a ZE manifold, but I don't know that it will fit with my intercooler so its low on the priority list for now. A turbo blanket is on the shopping list, but I don't think it will cure my heat issue. It'll help, but it is outrageously hot under the hood even at idle. Once I have the thing running right it should be pretty sweet. The turbo and standalone have added a huge amount of complexity to the swap though.

Here are a couple quick shots I took between rain storms. Last night I had to wash it twice to get it even remotely clean. It'll get another bath in the next few days so I can put a couple coats of wax on it.

P1020380.jpg

P1020379.jpg

P1020382.jpg

P1020381.jpg

Once she's running right I'll post up some shots of the engine bay all cleaned up and some videos

Back