2006 Mazda 5 Battery Type

I just replaced my Panasonic that came with the car. I bought a Duralast Gold on Sunday. It has more than enough power. The battery that came with my 5, lasted 3 years.

Seems that the batt was not retaining its charge. We didn't drive it AT ALL beginning Thurs 12/31 until tried to start it Mon, 1/4, when it was dead. When I went to Autozone a couple weeks ago, it was surmised it may have been a dead cell. Sux, cuz if I knew the original purchaser's ph#, I could have gotten something like a 90% pro rate.

Anyway, the batt was a 26R & I replaced it with the same since its smaller, but has better amperage in all cetegories. I figured I didn't want to be stuffing that big battery in that little box ever.

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I changed my battery recently and after the change the car doesn't like to idle when you are driving and let off the accelerator. Usually idles good at start. Does the 2006 Mazda 5 need to relearn idle after a battery change and if so what is the procedure for doing it?

Back