Sliding Door Lock Actuator Replacement (OEM Part Numbers)

a10thunder

:
Mazda5
The power actuators on both sliding doors have failed in my Mazda5. My car is well out of warranty so I would like to try replacing the actuators myself. It seems that most people here got theirs replaced under warranty. I would like to know if any other part is required in addition to the actuator themselves.

Has anyone had the actuator replaced out of warranty? If so, how much did the dealer charge?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear about the part failure. Back in March, my '06 came to me with bad actuators, and it had 27K miles, so I made an immediate appointment w/the dealer. Have you priced out the parts yet? Being out of warranty, if you haven't made a friendship with an indy shop yet, I would start searching one out pronto. Maybe the labor at an indy would be low enuf to negate the frustration of DIY.

The power actuators on both sliding doors have failed in my Mazda5. My car is well out of warranty so I would like to try replacing the actuators myself. It seems that most people here got theirs replaced under warranty. I would like to know if any other part is required in addition to the actuator themselves.

Has anyone had the actuator replaced out of warranty? If so, how much did the dealer charge?

Thanks in advance.

Check with your dealer to see if the recall for the sliding door lock actuators applies to your car and if its still open. If so the repl of the actuators should be covered under warranty for ya... You can also PM me your vin n I can check for open recalls for ya....

Went today to the dealer as they had to verify that is actually happening and they finally ordered the actuators.

Estimated time of arrival and then replacement is next Friday and will post the part numbers when I get the work order done (if nobody post them earlier of course)

Note to VRMS6:
The car needs to be under warranty in order to get them fixed at no cost, a10thunder is out of it, it seems. Today is the last day of warranty for my 06, so I had to hurry (spin)

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm out of warranty and there's no TSB or recall on the actuators. The actuator is around $150 a pop. I'm wondering if I need any other parts for the replacement. I opened up the sliding door panel and it seems like replacement is pretty straightforward.

I inspected the power-lock mechanism and it seems like the motor is the culprit. It's probably a worn bushing. I wish I could take the motor apart and just replace the bushing, but it's a disposable part. The motor is sealed inside a plastic casing.

Note to VRMS6:
The car needs to be under warranty in order to get them fixed at no cost, a10thunder is out of it, it seems. Today is the last day of warranty for my 06, so I had to hurry (spin)

I work as a service advisor for Mazda..... Te door lock actuator replacement issue is a RECALL issued by Mazda for a certain VIN# range on certain model years... It has nothing to do with the base warranty... As a matter of fact we just did the recall on a Mazda5 with over 100,000miles well out of base warranty.... Now if your Mazda5's Vin/yr is not within the recall parameters then it would fall into base warranty (3/36 for 07 n newer, 4/50 for 06 or older).........

Strange, but good to know

Can you please provide the bulletin/recall number? Never seen it before. Mine is an early 2005 build and for sure it is part of the recall, service manager just nodded when I gave him the symptoms today, no further questions asked (not even opened the door panels to "verify"). I know about being common because of the people's experiences on the forum, same year model.

I've received the recall letters for the rest of the issues and I'm subscribed to mymazda.com as well. I also know all the TSBs well by now :)

Will be happy to do so....When I get back to work on the 15th... Vacationing in Puerto Rico visiting family for Christmas..... Warm weather yay!!!!

Will be happy to do so....When I get back to work on the 15th... Vacationing in Puerto Rico visiting family for Christmas..... Warm weather yay!!!!

I will appreciate the info. I called my local Mazda dealer and they are unaware of any recall or service bulletin regarding the actuator. They quoted me $200/door for the replacement.

Yes, my dealer told me a similar number.

Good luck in Puerto Rico, but there might be a confusion on this issue, I double checked the latest TSB list: the door lock actuator issue is not the same one as the freezing door latch recall (2006 Mazda5 Sliding Door Latch Recall 4306K), which I also got done BTW (unamused).

That is so far the only sliding door related recall (dunno)

Estimated time of arrival and then replacement is next Friday and will post the part numbers when I get the work order done (if nobody post them earlier of course)

My invoice stated "C235-72-350" but I had that # listed for both the RH actuator and the LH controller since I had both doors done...go figure.

SSP68 is the number... Yes it applies to freezing issues but as long as the recall is open for your vin we can repl the door lock assy....

My invoice stated "C235-72-350" but I had that # listed for both the RH actuator and the LH controller since I had both doors done...go figure.

Yup, just got it done today, same part numbers "C235-72-350", both described in the invoice as "WARRANTY, total invoice $0.00"

By checking on onlinemazdaparts.com, here is the price and description:

Part Number: C23572350 MSRP $56.51 Price $44.07
Rear door Lock and hardware Actuator W/o alarm W/o alarm Rig

Not pricy of you ask, obviously labor adds to it...

Wow, thanks! very well detailed. I noticed the left and right part numbers are different, which makes a lot of sense, my work order was not clear on that.

Parts:
C23572350 - Passenger Side Actuator
C23573350 - Driver Side Actuator

Back