check engine light blinking/ rough idle

msp03rbuld

:
mazda, mazdaspeed protege
Hey guys ok so my car started idling really rough the other day and then the check engine light started blinking... Now the rough idle isn't consistant its on and off any idea what it could be? I think maybe plugs or coil pack well I'm hoping at least. Thanks guys

It started after it was running for about 2 hours after running and since then its whenever more when its cold now cause when it starts doing it I just shut the car off and don't drive it , I haven't driven it since 2 days ago cause incase its something bad I wanna be able to save whatevers wrong before it damages anything

It started after it was running for about 2 hours after running and since then its whenever more when its cold now cause when it starts doing it I just shut the car off and don't drive it , I haven't driven it since 2 days ago cause incase its something bad I wanna be able to save whatevers wrong before it damages anything

Also I got the codes po300 random cycke misfire and po171 system too lean bank 1

I had this exact problem a while back with those same two codes. I replaced my MAF sensor, spark plugs, used fuel treatment, checked for vacuum leaks, reset my ECU and nothing changed. Then, I finally replaced my coil packs and wires and it was fixed. So, try changing your coil packs and wires and see if it goes away after you reset the ECU.

Back