Brake light coming on

MP3Night

Boost feels so good
:
Mazda Protege MP3
I think I might have a problem. When I brake past a certain point the brake light comes on but if I dont brake past that point it doesnt come on. I dont hear any weird sounds of any kind, I checked the brake fluid, my brakes arent make a squeaking noise of any kind. Any clue what it could be or idea of what it could be?

It sounds like your brake fluid, more gets taken out of the MC the more you brake. So, when you are braking hard, the fluid is probably dropping below the sensor. You may want to look at your brake pads too, usually when the fluid starts getting low, it is almost time to replace the pads.

Thats what I was thinking but I filled the brake fluid recently and light went away but now is back...checked for leaks and found none.

Wheres the sensor? could I look at it myself without having to go to a shop to check it out

Wheres the sensor? could I look at it myself without having to go to a shop to check it out

The brake fluid level sensor for the master cylinder sits right next to the clear plastic reservoir - it's black.

How do you know you don't have any leaks? Brake fluid is not a consumable fluid - if you have to add more than an ounce to your master cylinder , you've got a leak.

Well when I put some in it a week ago it was at the full marker but I thought I would just try and put just a tad and see what happens but its still in the same spot when I had added a lilttle bit so it hasn't moved. That's why I say I don't have any leaks

Damn its a leak for sure, probably a really small one though. I'm probably going to go have it checked out tomorrow

I had a leak from the rear driver side caliper and had the caliper replaced... Problem fixed!

Back