18x9.5 Rota DPTs with 275 35 18 Dunlop Z1's...so close

I recently took the tires off my 08 STI. They are Rota DPT's in 18x9.5 et42 with 275 35 18's. They fit very well on the STI with the wide fenders. I saw them in the shop today and figured I would give them a try on the MS6 since I had it here today.

They are sooooo close to fitting. They would be good with about a 3mm spacer front and rear and some fender rolling/pulling.

On to the pics. BTW, the car is lowered on H&R springs.

image0009.jpg

image0010.jpg

image0011.jpg

image0009.jpg

image0012.jpg

image0013.jpg

image0014.jpg

image0015.jpg

image0016.jpg

image0008.jpg

Enjoy
Tony
TurninConcepts

Nice! Roll the fenders so it won't rub and you'd be golden!

Hella-Flush.png

haha the tires are beyond the fenders, you need to pull the fenders or put a suuuuper stiff suspension on it or -23153.43* of camber

Last edited:
You do realize if you put a spacer on it will make the tires stick out even further?

just have some of the hub surface machined off the wheel. :p

at least it doesn't look like this:
P4090005.JPG

karen1.jpg

By the way, I know this guy and this car. It's called "Stompy."

Last edited:
I know stompy as well. We have sold him some parts for his Subaru.

Yeah, I know on the spacers. I design and setup suspensions on cars for track purposes. The tires just barely touch the uprights between the control arms on the front at the top and just barely touch the rear control arm in the front area of it. A 3mm spacer would be enough for clearance, then it's just a matter of making the fenders fit them which is easy.

Tony

BTW, thanks to wheeldude.com for the wheels. They are actually for our race car (04 wrx), but since we are finishing out the season on our other Rotas these have been free to roam from car to car. Soon enough though they should have some 285 30 18 Hoosiers on them for next season!

Tony

What is the offset on those wheels? I'm trying to get as wide and as far out as I can without this happening.

Last edited:
I just say a set of rims that would be roughly the same inner clearence as these, just wondering if a 225/40, on a narrower rim of course (9 wide, 48 offset) would clear the suspension parts that your's rubs on.

Back